Mk 1 experts, help with possible purchase please

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Enrico

Mk 1 experts, help with possible purchase please

Post by Enrico »

Hi all,

as above, seen a Mk1 for sale, advertised as '89 model, 27k genuine miles with fsh, one owner from new.
Price is £1495, which seems too good to be true.
Is it worth checking or is someone pulling a fast one ?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Mk 1 experts, help with possible purchase please

Post by Lauren »

hard to know from what you say, but if the condition is as good as you would expect from a 27K miler, then the price does sound cheap tbh.

All you can do is go have a look and look at it closely for accident damage etc. Generally use your loaf etc when looking at it.

Of course it is worth looking at!! Speak to the seller, see what they say etc..

got any pics?
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Lauren wrote:hard to know from what you say, but if the condition is as good as you would expect from a 27K miler, then the price does sound cheap tbh.

All you can do is go have a look and look at it closely for accident damage etc. Generally use your loaf etc when looking at it.

Of course it is worth looking at!! Speak to the seller, see what they say etc..

got any pics?

Just this one.

It's advertised as a private sale & only about 30 miles away so nothing to lose by having a look I think.
If it is a genuine private sale, & the one owner claims to be female, maybe she doesn't know what she has got :!:
Stranger things have happened, although I am never that lucky.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Well stop being a septic and go have a look!!!

If it is genuine and up for that price, i'd buy it tbh.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Where's this car? :wink: (Checks bank account) :lol:
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

I think I saw this car on Autotrader the other day. Certainly does look like it would be a bargain if everything is ok with it.

Worth considering is that old, very low mileage cars aren't always ideal since lots of short journeys are worse for an engine than longer runs. It would be worth finding out whether it has been used infrequently for long trips or as a daily driver.

I can only assume that the reasonable price is because it might need the usual rear arch work soon. But if it has been garaged all its life and has hardly gone anywhere then they should be pristine.

Definitely worth a look though! I'd go myself if I had the time. Let us know how you get on.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

A mk1 Brook? Sounds like fun - I'm looking forwards to making it go faster already!

:wink:

Rogue
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Rogue wrote:A mk1 Brook? Sounds like fun - I'm looking forwards to making it go faster already!

:wink:

Rogue

Yeah, been thinking about one for a while.

How about making my turbo go quicker first ?
I need to come down & see you re the nitrous & a couple of other things before TOTB4, when can you get me in ?
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Lunarmatic wrote:I think I saw this car on Autotrader the other day. Certainly does look like it would be a bargain if everything is ok with it.

Worth considering is that old, very low mileage cars aren't always ideal since lots of short journeys are worse for an engine than longer runs. It would be worth finding out whether it has been used infrequently for long trips or as a daily driver.

I can only assume that the reasonable price is because it might need the usual rear arch work soon. But if it has been garaged all its life and has hardly gone anywhere then they should be pristine.

Definitely worth a look though! I'd go myself if I had the time. Let us know how you get on.

Already sold unfortunately.
Chatting to the seller & it seems the first viewer bought the car, as good as it looked by all accounts.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”