A few questions about getting data from my 20gb xbox to my new 250gb super elite

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Igor

A few questions about getting data from my 20gb xbox to my new 250gb super elite

Post by Igor »

im buying a call of duty mw2 xbox super elite tomorrow - midnight ;)

i need to transfer the data from my 20gb xbox to my new 250gb xbox super elite

basically. how can i do it? can i use a transfer cable and if so, were can i get one from?

also i was going to sell my old xbox to a mate. what will happen to the old hard drive? as ive heard that it wipes everything on it including basic xbox stuff making it useless

i also have a spare memory card lying around for an xbox, so if i get the basic game data will i be able to re-download for free my expansion packs for GTA, fallout 3, forza3 etc as the memory card is only 250ish mb
Azz

Re: A few questions about getting data from my 20gb xbox to my new 250gb super elite

Post by Azz »

Transfer cable from ebay, takes 50 mins :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Re: A few questions about getting data from my 20gb xbox to my new 250gb super elite

Post by matt_mr2t »

IIRC you fit the new HDD to the Xbox (or in this case, leave the HDD on the new Xbox) plug the transfer cable to the old HDD and connect it to the rear USB port and it takes care of itself. What it does do is wipe the memory from the old HDD and IIRC you cant perform the proceedure again.

There is a section on the 360 website with full details.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Yeah just use the transfer cable, you can only move data from the smaller drive to the bigger drive and not the other way. The old HDD will basically be cleaned of saves etc leaving it like a new unit, so it can still be used if you sell the old console / HDD.

I have a trans cable BTW.

Oh and any bought content can be re downloaded as many times as you like - but the transfer will copy over any content downloads.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Bender Unit wrote:Yeah just use the transfer cable, you can only move data from the smaller drive to the bigger drive and not the other way. The old HDD will basically be cleaned of saves etc leaving it like a new unit, so it can still be used if you sell the old console / HDD.

I have a trans cable BTW.

Oh and any bought content can be re downloaded as many times as you like - but the transfer will copy over any content downloads.

Do you know if you can transfer stuff from your 20gb HDD to a bigger one, then add more stuff to the 20gb hdd then move that too?
Or is the large HDD also frozen from being added too once the first transfer takes place.

I know it's unlikely to happen like that, but you never know.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

if you phone microsoft and quote ya serial no then they will send a transfer cable for free.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I believe the transfer cable no comes with the Elite: Certainly I got one in the box when I bought my current one (but had to send off for one when I bought my previous one).
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Do you know if you can transfer stuff from your 20gb HDD to a bigger one, then add more stuff to the 20gb hdd then move that too?
Or is the large HDD also frozen from being added too once the first transfer takes place.

I know it's unlikely to happen like that, but you never know

Nah sadly its a 1 time affair, once done if you try to do it again in an attempt to add more content from another HD then it will simply clear whats on the bigger HD.

I believe the transfer cable no comes with the Elite: Certainly I got one in the box when I bought my current one (but had to send off for one when I bought my previous one).

Thats what I thought ... until I bought my Elite after my old console died and there wasnt a transfer cable - seems they only did the trans cable with the earliest models.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

But my replacement was newer and had a cable, but the older one didn't and I had to send off for one...
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

They dont put HDMI cables in the Elite package any more either.
Igor

Post by Igor »

arrrrrrrrr. had a memory card and tried to transfer my data that way and ended up losing everything!!!!

lost all my forza 3 stuff!!!!!!!!!!

i have to start all over again from cratch!!!!

:evil: ](*,) :evil: :evil: ](*,) ](*,) :mad: :mad: :mad:

Return to “Games Consoles”