[FINALIZED] Rev2/3 Hybrid MK2 T-bar with knocking Rev 3 NA Engine - £450 ovno

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dave5526

Rev2/3 Hybrid MK2 T-bar with knocking Rev 3 NA Engine - £450 ovno

Post by dave5526 »

I bought this shell as a base for my 2gr project but now have other plans.

It was a rev2 UK car originally which has had several parts from a rev3 NA uk car which had covered 80,000 miles fitted:

Rev3 Engine/ancilleries
Rev3 rear subframe
Rev3 brakes all round
Rev3 shocks
Some of the rev3 bodywork (I have no idea why! Would've been better left all green)

It currently has very nice lightweight compomotive 16x8 front wheels and 17" speedline rear wheels fitted, but I have 2 brand new compomotive wheels to fit which are included with the sale. They are 15x7 so these would go on the front and move the front wheels to the rear, with these wheels in those sizes the thing would handle amazingly well. However the two new wheels are white so one pair would need refurbing to match the other.

Work done just before I bought it:

new drop links all round
nearly new front topmounts
tein lowering springs
new front discs & pads
new hand brake cable

Other good points:

recent clutch by mr-twos
rev3 rear lights
tubby engine lid
leather seats in good condition apart from the drivers bolster
UK car so cheaper insurance if you go for a tubby/v6 transplant

It obviously needs a respray and either an engine rebuild or replacement, but is a good straight rust free shell for a project. The engine starts and drives but there is a nasty knocking sound (from the big end) so it is obviously on the way out, but should still last a while yet for moving around etc. There is also no exhaust fitted so the car would need to be trailered away even if it's only a short distance.

No tax, I cant remember when the MOT was due as it is in the glovebox and I cant get to the car til monday but I have a feeling it was around Oct-Nov this year. It is in good condition other than the engine though and I can't see it needing anything else to get it through an MOT.

I'm after £450 ovno - it is probably worth nearly double that in parts if you wanted to make some money!

I have had some offers but nothing high enough, if I can't get close to £450 I will be breaking it.

Last edited by dave5526 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dave5526

Re: [FINALIZED] Rev2/3 Hybrid MK2 T-bar with knocking Rev 3 NA Engine - £450 ovno

Post by dave5526 »

Forgot to mention, I can probably arrange for the car to be delivered by transporter for between £70-£195 depending on distance, pm me with a location and I can get a quote. I think it was going to cost me around £180 to have it delivered to Woodsport from Shrewsbury as a guide and cost me £70 from Coventry to Shrewsbury.
dave5526

Re: [FINALIZED] Rev2/3 Hybrid MK2 T-bar with knocking Rev 3 NA Engine - £450 ovno

Post by dave5526 »

Open to offers, if there's no interest soon I'll be partially breaking it and scrapping the rest, which is a shame considering the shell is in good condition bar the multi-coloured panels.

Would be willing to reduce the price considerably if anyone is interested in it without some of the parts (i.e. compomotive wheels, tubby engine lid, rev3 lights etc)
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Tempting.... I have a spare engine, box and ECU im selling at the moment that could go into this...
dave5526

Post by dave5526 »

I've had an offer of £375 on twobrutal but am looking for £425 really, otherwise I'll start breaking it in the next week or so. So anyone wanting to make an offer do so quickly :thumleft:

If anyone is interested without the compomotive wheels (the 17" speeline rear wheels and stock rev3 15" front wheels with good tyres would be included so it is driveable) I'd let it go for £250.
dave5526

Post by dave5526 »

Sold pending payment/collection :thumleft:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”