modern warfare 2

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

Re: modern warfare 2

Post by H3RB »

RyanRs wrote:I dont know much about computer games, but my brother recieved his genuine copy of this game, which is early than the release date, so he phoned microsoft to see if he is allowed to play it and they told him that he will get banned if he does, regardless of wether he plays online or not. They told him to wait till the release date.

yep the guy who owns the shop i got mine from had a call from some one half an hour after he sold it him and the guy said he was banned and blamed the store owner.... even tho the owner told him of the risks.
no such problem on ps3 tho ive been playing all day pretty much lol.
and as for ps3 and 360.... put it this way, ive had it on 360 for over a week now but i still went out and bought it for ps3 today. would i do that if i prefered it on 360?
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

lol traded 2x Overlord 2's in at Gamestation on friday and got £40 on a card, The games only cost me £10 each (and arrived on friday morning as well so were still sealed when I traded them lol)!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now I just have to pay £4.99 on release day so a total of £24.99 :mrgreen:

I was Very lucky as right after I signed the "I have traded these in" receipt and was given the card one of the other workers came over and looked at the games and told him that head office told them not to accept 2 of the same game especially Overlord 2 due to Plays offer!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
fizz

Post by fizz »

so tell me what i can do to get a similar deal please!!! :lol:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

sold my copy already lol
but its because im going to get my hardened edition today \:D/
fizz

Post by fizz »

H3RB wrote:sold my copy already lol
but its because im going to get my hardened edition today \:D/

you get back what you paid for it?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

yeah i was quite lucky, my gfs sisters bf (lol) wants it early so instead of paying £45 tomorrow he paid me £53 on sat even tho he wont get it off me till this afternoon lol but the hardened edition is £70 i think so im still gonna be out of pocket lol
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:lol traded 2x Overlord 2's in at Gamestation on friday and got £40 on a card, The games only cost me £10 each (and arrived on friday morning as well so were still sealed when I traded them lol)!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now I just have to pay £4.99 on release day so a total of £24.99 :mrgreen:

I was Very lucky as right after I signed the "I have traded these in" receipt and was given the card one of the other workers came over and looked at the games and told him that head office told them not to accept 2 of the same game especially Overlord 2 due to Plays offer!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I wondered if that was gonna work! Fair play for getting away with it! :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:
RyanRs wrote:I dont know much about computer games, but my brother recieved his genuine copy of this game, which is early than the release date, so he phoned microsoft to see if he is allowed to play it and they told him that he will get banned if he does, regardless of wether he plays online or not. They told him to wait till the release date.

yep the guy who owns the shop i got mine from had a call from some one half an hour after he sold it him and the guy said he was banned and blamed the store owner.... even tho the owner told him of the risks.
and as for ps3 and 360.... put it this way, ive had it on 360 for over a week now but i still went out and bought it for ps3 today. would i do that if i prefered it on 360?

Is there a difference between PS3 & 360?
Surely it's the same game so both should play the same way?
fizz

Post by fizz »

matt_mr2t wrote:
H3RB wrote:

I think we were both referring to the in game graphics etc... :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Is there any destructable scenery? Like in Battlefield 1943 & Bad Company ?
fizz

Post by fizz »

JohnnyC wrote:Is there any destructable scenery? Like in Battlefield 1943 & Bad Company ?

Nope... And the best destructible scenery is in Red Faction... Was the first to have it on the PC many years ago! :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

fizz wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:
H3RB wrote:

I think we were both referring to the in game graphics etc... :thumleft:

Again, why would the graphics be different unless Activision made 2 different games, which I honestly doubt they, or any one else would do..
fizz

Post by fizz »

matt_mr2t wrote:

Again, why would the graphics be different unless Activision made 2 different games, which I honestly doubt they, or any one else would do..

The same game on different platforms will differ (all be it not by much) and some more than others.

COD4 on the PS3 compared to the Xbox does feel a bit different but i cant put my finger on why. And before you say it.. no.. i dont mean due to the game pads! :whistle:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I've played it on both and couldnt see any difference.
Well, what I could see was less people online on PSN than XBL :lol:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i just prefer the ps3 for online, its free and its alot less laggy then 360 the only thing thats missing is party chat but even that doesnt matter because i just mute everyone other the my friends on cod so its basically private chat. also the mics are so much clearer (good mics) its like talking on a phone, the 360 has always been muffled compared to the ps3.

also sony arent pathetic! xbox are suspending accounts because people managed to get an original copy early. why are they punishing people for that? its ridiculous!

also the ps3 pad is much nicer to use :thumleft: no rsi after hours of playing lol
fizz

Post by fizz »

H3RB wrote:i just prefer the ps3 for online, its free and its alot less laggy then 360 the only thing thats missing is party chat but even that doesnt matter because i just mute everyone other the my friends on cod so its basically private chat. also the mics are so much clearer (good mics) its like talking on a phone, the 360 has always been muffled compared to the ps3.

also sony arent pathetic! xbox are suspending accounts because people managed to get an original copy early. why are they punishing people for that? its ridiculous!

also the ps3 pad is much nicer to use :thumleft: no rsi after hours of playing lol

Agree with all of what he said! :thumleft:

RSI for sure.. after a couple of hours playing Forza my trigger finger was killing!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lol, I think the opposite about the pads. The PS one hasnt changed in all the years. Some will say "why change a winner" I say everything moves on, everything can get better. And it hasnt.

I think I'll be getting MW2 on 360 for 2 reasons alone, the pad and the online players. I hardly know anyone on PSN, I have friends but tbh, they're just people from here I barely know. All my actual mates are on XBL.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:Lol, I think the opposite about the pads. The PS one hasnt changed in all the years. Some will say "why change a winner" I say everything moves on, everything can get better. And it hasnt.

I think I'll be getting MW2 on 360 for 2 reasons alone, the pad and the online players. I hardly know anyone on PSN, I have friends but tbh, they're just people from here I barely know. All my actual mates are on XBL.

i only have 1 friend to play cod online with on ps3 lol and about 30 on 360 but it still didnt make me change my mind. just something about the ps3 makes it more fun, also the live bannings for legit copys really annoyed me as i usually get games a week or so early from my shop
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

It's more fun the more players you have, thats the way I see it.
James

Post by James »

my 360 has been banned - blatantly for playing MW2 a week early. Didnt play online, just single player but the lan cable was connected - doh! carelessness...
funny thing is that xbox has never been played online, not even once!
just the fact of being signed in and having the date stamp on my game save.
never mind, will pick up a ps3 version today from sainsburys and play online for free :)

Return to “Games Consoles”