[Mk2] [Turbo] Back to rev 2 lights ?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLZ-8027

[Mk2] [Turbo] Back to rev 2 lights ?

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Im thinking of going back to rev 2 lights with the elglo badge ,whats your opinions?

alanmr2turbo

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Back to rev 2 lights ?

Post by alanmr2turbo »

stay with rev3
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

agreed stay with rev3 :thumleft:
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Rev 2 for me!!

Got the rev3 in the garage collecting dust. I have REALLY gone off them as the masses want them. I've also gone to Amber fronts. :eye:
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

I really want the "all reflector" infill for the rev 2 rear lights...I like 'em all though really
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

-:[KM]:- wrote:Rev 2 for me!!

I have REALLY gone off them as the masses want them.

I know what you mean ,im removing my speedhut dials now everyone has them :whistle:

djpkins wrote:I really want the "all reflector" infill for the rev 2 rear lights...I like 'em all though really

Id like to find some of these (ive asked wolfie308 to make some :-k )

craig

Post by craig »

Both look as good as each other imo. But Rev 1/2 lights look loads better with the rev 1/2 spoiler :thumleft:

RedMR² wrote: But Rev 1/2 lights look loads better with the rev 1/2 spoiler :thumleft:

<ahem> Aeroware spoiler!
:mrgreen:

Good luck in finding Wolfie too, I pm'ed him a while back and had nothing.
:cry:
viper33

Post by viper33 »

Hi, just an idea as you have black paintwork, try masking the round parts of the lights, and tinting the rest including the reverse lights in the centre panel. A mate did this to his and they do look good.
Once they are done the change is so subtle, that unless you know what has been done people ask, why they blend in better than normal. This also means you can get the best effect from the 4 tail light re-wire mod on here.

If you look closely at my second pic, the reverse light is tinted. I've also split the lenses and broken away the plastic that separates the lighting compartments (apart from the inner). Then the reverse light was rewired as a side light with a 5w bulb.
The intention was to get a block of light all the way across the red part of the lens, in reality there are 2 equal sized rectangles because of the reflector... but looks way better than having 4 lights of differing sizes.
craig

Post by craig »

-:[KM]:- wrote:
RedMR² wrote: But Rev 1/2 lights look loads better with the rev 1/2 spoiler :thumleft:

<ahem> Aeroware spoiler!
:mrgreen:

Oh sorry, I didn't know there was a difference :wink: 8-[ :oldtongue:

Just kiddin' mate :mrgreen:
Wingers

Post by Wingers »

I think the rev3 makes the car look more modern but personally I like the classic rev1/2 look.
I remember the rear grill from my childhood when i saw the car for the first time so it's part of what makes it an MR2 to me...

Wingers

Wingers wrote:I remember the rear grill from my childhood ....

Good God, don't mention childhood memories!! Trev'll be fitting running boards and semaphor indicators next!! :lol:

:whistle:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

-:[KM]:- wrote:
Wingers wrote:I remember the rear grill from my childhood ....

Good God, don't mention childhood memories!! Trev'll be fitting running boards and semaphor indicators next!! :lol:

:whistle:

And your age is ?????????
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

viper33 wrote:Hi, just an idea as you have black paintwork, try masking the round parts of the lights, and tinting the rest including the reverse lights in the centre panel. A mate did this to his and they do look good.
Once they are done the change is so subtle, that unless you know what has been done people ask, why they blend in better than normal. This also means you can get the best effect from the 4 tail light re-wire mod on here.

And Ive already tinted mine black ,and removed all the writing for a smoother look
:thumleft:

platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

Someone maybe able to help, but i`m sure i saw somewhere (maybe on here or the other popular mr2 site) rev1/2 lights coupled with a rev5 spoiler and it looked AWESOME =P~ =P~

For me the rev1/2 lights have the lotus esprit look and that can be a bad thing at all. 8)
craig

Post by craig »

platmatt8 wrote:rev1/2 lights coupled with a rev5 spoiler and it looked AWESOME =P~ =P~

Like this?

:thumleft:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

-:[KM]:- wrote:If you look closely at my second pic, the reverse light is tinted. I've also split the lenses and broken away the plastic that separates the lighting compartments (apart from the inner). Then the reverse light was rewired as a side light with a 5w bulb.
The intention was to get a block of light all the way across the red part of the lens, in reality there are 2 equal sized rectangles because of the reflector... but looks way better than having 4 lights of differing sizes.

Show us a night time pic keith ? ive thought about doing similar, with strips of leds inside? ive even stripped one ready to do
craig

Post by craig »

BLZ-8027 wrote:
-:[KM]:- wrote:If you look closely at my second pic, the reverse light is tinted. I've also split the lenses and broken away the plastic that separates the lighting compartments (apart from the inner). Then the reverse light was rewired as a side light with a 5w bulb.

Show us a night time pic keith ? ive thought about doing similar, with strips of leds inside? ive even stripped one ready to do

+1, interested to see your lights at night too keith :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”