My MR2

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MaRt2009

My MR2

Post by MaRt2009 »

Hello all, since i seen that i only had one post i thought id better pull my finger out and get some pics of my car up on here, and having a looky through some of the members cars on here i just hope mine is worthy lol

So here we go....
My car is an Rev3 MR2GT 94
FSH
Few mods..
Its got to be one of the best cars ive ever driven! Soooo much fun!
Ive done the usual things like headunit and sub, and being a BIG fan of DnB and DubStep i love having the sub behinfd me lol!
This is the car when i first got it.

I did like the car the way it was but i wanted to add my own little touches to it.
I began think there was a lil to much orange so i wanted to break it up, still trying to decied what decals/graphics ot add to the car.
The first thing i change on the bodywork was the headlight covers...
I didnt want to spray over the original covers so managed to source another pair.
Also i really wanted a turbo engine cover, after searching for a while i was told a friend was breaking an mr2 turbo! GREAT i thought! so i managed to grab the cover from him for £25!
Since i was breaking up the colour i didnt want to compleatly spray the cover orange, so this is how it turned out!
From this...
To this
And finished!

Also i wanted to do something different with the rear center pannel, i wanted to keep the mr2 in the center just in a different way....
And lit-up...

Recently ive done the rear quad conversion, and very happy with the result!
And finished

The original gear surround was split because the last owner tried to drill a hole in it for the alarm light.......so i made a new one for it out of checkered ally, turned out better than i thought it would!

Arrived in the post this week was my new spiggot rings! Had to buy these due to finding out there was none on the car after i have the tyres change!

AND finally for the mo my new TRD decals were ready for picking up this week!

Ive done some of the usual things like oil and coolent, i also change the rocker gasket......took longer than i thought to do, as this was the first time working on the engine of an mr2 i didnt think i did too bad.
Also found that my exhaust has a nice big hole next to the flange so for the time ive replace it with another original backbox.
Next on the list will be
Brakes
Cambelt
Service
Exhaust(blueflame i think)
Full Decals for car(unsure what ones yet)
Handbrake cable(new ones needed i think lol)

Il keep updating this post as i go along, really looking forward to the show season!
Any suggestions on engine work would be great!

Anyway thanks for looking!

Mart
marc GT Turbo

Re: My MR2

Post by marc GT Turbo »

nice 8) car looks great
1993 GT TURBO
TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

looks good but lose the wheel decals, only thing that spoils it imo :thumleft:
2003 Leon Cupra R, stage 2 Jabbasport remap to 280bhp

MR2 now sold :(
MaRt2009

Post by MaRt2009 »

Cheers fellas!
Decals will be staying for now, thinking of getting another set of alloys just dont know which ones yet :?

Return to “Member Profiles”