race driver grid on ps3

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

race driver grid on ps3

Post by H3RB »

anybody got this? im after if but looking for a cheap copy as im a tad skint lol
anybody got one they wouldnt mind selling?
also does it work with the logitech wheels? as i hate playing with joy pads, i no dirt worked with them but only very slightly. so im hoping grid works better, any body know?
JohnnyC

Re: race driver grid on ps3

Post by JohnnyC »

It's £15 in Asda is that's any help.

I was considering it, until I played the demo of Need for Speed Shift =P~
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

didnt like the shift demo for some reason and if pro street is anything to go by i think ill give it a miss lol
dan1

Post by dan1 »

H3RB wrote:anybody got this? im after if but looking for a cheap copy as im a tad skint lol
anybody got one they wouldnt mind selling?
also does it work with the logitech wheels? as i hate playing with joy pads, i no dirt worked with them but only very slightly. so im hoping grid works better, any body know?

I used the g25 wheel on grid, worked well although was verry hard to get used to due to speed of the game or me just being crap with it :lol:
dan1

Post by dan1 »

Also to add that after playing shift imho grid is a much better game.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

£7.59 in argos :)

You have to go instore for it though.

All the £17.59 games are coming up as £7.59
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

I use my logitech Gran Turismo wheel with GRID and it works very well, by far the best racing game for the PS3 so far IMO.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:didnt like the shift demo for some reason and if pro street is anything to go by i think ill give it a miss lol

Please dont base any NFS game on Pro-Street!
Carbon & Undercover, released either side of Pro-Street were miles better.
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

matt_mr2t wrote:
H3RB wrote:didnt like the shift demo for some reason and if pro street is anything to go by i think ill give it a miss lol

I've just got Shift and have to say it's pretty good with the G25 wheel and the use of the clutch, especially now I have my racing seat set up and 108" projector screen. =P~ Everyone I know who's played the demo with the gamepad seem think it's pants though. :-k
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

mr2daz wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

I've just got Shift and have to say it's pretty good with the G25 wheel and the use of the clutch, especially now I have my racing seat set up and 108" projector screen. =P~ Everyone I know who's played the demo with the gamepad seem think it's pants though. :-k

Dude, did you ever think you'd gone a bit too far with the accessories lol :shock:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Ask Ekona !! [-X \:D/ :thumleft:
blue2

Post by blue2 »

imo need for speed shift is better than Grid. Graphics are much more polished and the car handling is more realistic. Plus you cant beat having the full Nordeshlief track to play on! Grid is outdated now, they need to bring out grid 2 to beat or compete with GT5.
craig

Post by craig »

matt_mr2t wrote:

Hell yeah, pro street was complete crap =; Loved Carbon, never tried undercover. Looks good though, may buy it at some point.
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

matt_mr2t wrote:
mr2daz wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

Dude, did you ever think you'd gone a bit too far with the accessories lol :shock:

Absolutely, but I have zero imagination so need all the realism I can get with racing games or I get bored with them very quickly. I want a crash helmet with virtual surround sound built in to be used as a bluetooth headset as well, and some fans pointing at me that speed up as you go faster. Not sure if anyones invented those yet tho. Then of course one of those silent vibrating woofers attached to my race seat. I won't able to hear the neighbours banging on the wall at 3am anymore. Noisy buggers! :lol:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Wasn't impressed at all by the demo of Shift, But as stated above i thing with a decent wheel it could be enjoyable but hated it with the pad (same goes for Dirt 2) but graphically it's very good.

Bring back NFS: Underground 1&2 in HD :)
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
fizz

Post by fizz »

Andy Jones wrote:Wasn't impressed at all by the demo of Shift, But as stated above i thing with a decent wheel it could be enjoyable but hated it with the pad (same goes for Dirt 2) but graphically it's very good.

Totally agree.. the gameplay was crap in comparrision to GRID.
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Does Grid have Oulton Park on it?
fizz

Post by fizz »

Shmed wrote:Does Grid have Oulton Park on it?

erm...dont think so.. its got donny in it but thats it from brit tracks that i can remember.
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Ah well. I'm looking for a game with Oulton so I can 'learn' the circuit. I know you can't truly learn from a game, but you can get an idea of what is coming up.

I think TOCA had it, but I don't know if the track will be the same as it is a good 6 years + old.
fizz

Post by fizz »

Shmed wrote:Ah well. I'm looking for a game with Oulton so I can 'learn' the circuit. I know you can't truly learn from a game, but you can get an idea of what is coming up.

I think TOCA had it, but I don't know if the track will be the same as it is a good 6 years + old.

Cant see it changing too much and your better of learning some form of the track as it will help loads.

I learnt the Nur on GT4 and it was totally weird when driving it as it was so unfamiliar yet somehow you thought you knew some of it... You will never truely get to know a track from learning it on a game but it helps with knowing what series of corners are coming up.

Return to “Games Consoles”