Mk1 speaker/headunit replacement - advice pls??!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kooga

Mk1 speaker/headunit replacement - advice pls??!

Post by Kooga »

Aight folks, need to replace my standard speaker (especially the rear) ones as they seem to have given up the ghost and sound rubbish anyway. What does everyone recommend for a replacement? Ideally, i want to mount them in the original positions and don't want to lose the space behind the seats otherwise it'll be a pain stowing the glass! Has anyone found a headunit and multichanger that both fit in the dash?? Any pearls of wisdom greatly appreciated... :?:
jimi

Re: Mk1 speaker/headunit replacement - advice pls??!

Post by jimi »

Read my post here it might help
Any standard din size head will fit with a slight mod to the existing mounting brackets, I've got a Pioneer cd/mp3 player fitted in mine.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour
Kooga

Mk1 speaker/head unit replacement

Post by Kooga »

Cheers fella. Are you sure about doing away with the rears? There must be something decent to go there and add some staging. I know an ordinary head unit will fit,but was interested to know if there were any in dash multichangers that would fit in the small, otherwise useless gap below it (want to keep a tape player too,you see). Any other options for bass type speakers cos there ain't much room behind my seat when i'm in it with the roof out!

Return to “ICE and Security”