Car Covers

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chrisbr68

Car Covers

Post by chrisbr68 »

So my beloved 2 is being semi retired to fair weather and Sundays since I now have a work horse car.

I would like to get a cover for it - I have seen a few options on the internet, but does anyone have any experience I could call on please?

I remember seeing a group by a good while back, and I have searched but its not coming up with anything that useful...

Cheers, Chris.
Moo

Re: Car Covers

Post by Moo »

With car covers you definitely pay cheap and get cheap. Stay well clear of anything less than £100 would be my advice as it will be made of cheap s1ht material that doesn't breathe and will probably scratch the paint.

I highly recommend giving this place a look

http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/

They do various different types of off the shelf cover for the MR2. Indoor, out door, out door daily driver, out door storage etc.

I had them make me a custom cover tailored to fit over my Veilside body kit and it was a great piece of work, fits like a glove. Cost me £240 but for that money I was able to choose the material and colour from a range of options. I ended up going for the most expensive material which is a 5 layer waterproof but fully breathable material with a soft inside so it doesn't scratch the paint. It's been on the car for 4 months now and it keeps the car dry, doesn't keep any moisture in and hasn't damaged the paint.

The off the shelf MR2 covers they do are a lot cheaper than what I paid, around £140 I think.

They are really helpful so give them a call, tell them what you want and they'll give you the options :thumleft:
Last edited by Moo on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisbr68

Post by chrisbr68 »

Thanks they do have a few options I will have a word with them and see. I figured on spending up to about £100, I want something decent but 200 would be too much (need cash left over to do some tidying up!!)

Cheers
Moo

Post by Moo »

You wouldn't need to spend anywhere near £200 with them unless you needed a cover custom made to fit a bodykit as was the case with me :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

I bought a cover from argos, £27 in all, it's water proof, etc.etc. , fits the car well and has a soft inside lining. It also has elastic around the whole exterior to give it a good grip, will see if i can get a pic for you...
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

chrisbr68

Post by chrisbr68 »

Thanks for the snap. So would you recommend it for outdoors? I want something that is going to be no risk to scratching the car at all. Its pretty flat and windy here too so it must not be able to move with the wind.

Cheers
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

chrisbr68 wrote:Thanks for the snap. So would you recommend it for outdoors? I want something that is going to be no risk to scratching the car at all. Its pretty flat and windy here too so it must not be able to move with the wind.

Cheers

For the money it's great value, it has a soft lining so the car won't have any scratches plus the elastic holds firm, if you go for this one make sure you don't buy the cheaper version :wink:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”