rot on the front wing help please

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crx sam

rot on the front wing help please

Post by crx sam »

hi guys and girls i'm new on here i own a black mr2 turbo :D with gold rimed wheels you might have met me at JAE this year any way after seeing the black mk1 with the teddys in the window that was parked next to me at JAE i dsided to buy a mk1
mr2 which i want to restore so this weekend the sun 8) was out so i cracked on with her first i took the front wings off to see how bad the rust was but they are so bad im just going to replace them do any of you guys know where to get some new or secondhand wing for an freg mk1 mr2 thanks for any reply p.s i am rubish at spelling. :( pps i will try to get some pics up of them both later
sketch

Re: rot on the front wing help please

Post by sketch »

crx sam wrote: do any of you guys know where to get some new or secondhand wing for an freg mk1 mr2

Toyota do brand new wings but they're not cheap. :(

You can keep an eye out in the for sale section and on eBay for some decent second hand jobbies :thumleft:

A company called Honeybourne mouldings make fiberglass versions for £59 a side, I went with these just because they wont rust :lol:

Oh and welcome, I was in the satin black mk1 behind you. :salut:
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Front wings are available from your nearest Toyota Dealership priced around £110 + Vat depending on where you go.

Honeybourne Wings do a fibreglass alternateive which cost £59.00 + postage if you want a cheap alternative. IMO These are xxxx as they are made incorrectly and do not fit as good as the steel ones. If you are restoring it to its original beauty buy steel wings as you will be disappointed with the fibre glass fitment.
sketch

Post by sketch »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:

Honeybourne Wings do a fibreglass alternateive which cost £59.00 + postage if you want a cheap alternative. IMO These are xxxx as they are made incorrectly and do not fit as good as the steel ones. If you are restoring it to its original beauty buy steel wings as you will be disappointed with the fibre glass fitment.

Lol Mine were fine, fits great and you can't tell the difference between the metal one and the FG one IMO. 8-[
pantera2075

Post by pantera2075 »

I've got a couple of "Rough but saveable" ones knocking around if yr interested - v cheap.
DevaMR2

Post by DevaMR2 »

I'll be selling my mk1 soon. I bought some brand new Toyota front wings (and front corner valance pieces) for it that I never got round to fitting. I'd rather sell them with the car for someone to fix up, but if I don't I'll post back in here to see if you got sorted or not.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”