Mark 1 Sound System??

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ridge Racer

Mark 1 Sound System??

Post by Ridge Racer »

any ideas on how i can improve the ICE on my mk 1? its all orginal at the moment but im after a little bit more anyone got any examples of how to setup a nice system as i am abit stumped :x

iv seen subs behind the seats but i dont like that idea, dont really want to be cutting away at my mrk 1 :shock:
jimi

Re: Mark 1 Sound System??

Post by jimi »

I upgraded the front speakers with 4.5" kenwoods, disconnected the rears (they are a waste of time, only3.5") Built 2 sub/mid boxes that sit behind the seats with 6.5's in them. The boxes are sized to allow the T-bars to sit on top of them and the least loss of travel on the seats. Boxes are powered from small 4 channel amp ( just happened to be lying in my garage) under the passengers seat. Head unit is a Pioneer cd/mp3 player. The difference in sound quality is amazing (IMHO)
hth
Jimi
Last edited by jimi on Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ridge Racer

Re: Mark 1 Sound System??

Post by Ridge Racer »

exellent thanks, do the subs create good bass? i would of thought it would be quite crazy with them behind u banging away

any recommendations for me? i think someone should do a guide for mr2 sound system upgrades :P

Return to “ICE and Security”