Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

prosser
Premium Member

convertable

Post by prosser »

how much do you think it would cost to change this

to this

and who would be able to do it if any one???
pete h

Re: convertable

Post by pete h »

in my opinion, quite a lot...

I think rogue were doing 1 at 1 point.
stevel

Post by stevel »

I think Rogue tried this & decided that it was not really possible, but i am sure Patrick will offer a full explanation
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

anything is possible,especially when the mk2 already comes in spyder form....it would cost a small fortune though but no reason why it cant be done.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

stevel wrote:I think Rogue tried this & decided that it was not really possible, but i am sure Patrick will offer a full explanation

We did chop the roof off a scrap MR2 turbo, but it was as much about playing with our new air sabre as it was anything else! We decided that the fact you could move the "A" pillar by hand afterwards was an indicator that an expensive amount of strengthening would be required, so we never looked any further.

There's a kit car based on the MK2 call the Veranti that is fully convertible, and a company called BAD Design in Birmingham were allegedly going to supply a kit to convert a standard mk2 for about £2k. I've only ever seen one convertible '2 that they put together though, and that was on a 355 replica.

James at 3S Service Centre suggested a while back that they were going to put a kit together (IIRC they said it would be ready by Christmas - but I might have imagined that bit) - it might be worth checking with them.

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Systems Limited
01676 530222
Gaz6002

Post by Gaz6002 »

Give Xzibit a call mate :lol:
Modded Supra TT6

Return to “Mechanical”