Uncharted 2 not possible on xbox 360

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

Re: Uncharted 2 not possible on xbox 360

Post by matt_mr2t »

Andy Jones wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:Bioshock still makes me a little bit happy thinking about it :lol:

My favourite game :thumleft:

I've just restarted it on survivor and it makes me quite mad, It should be called die whenever you attack a big daddy.

Thats the important part of that sentance.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i got to the part where everything starts getting icey and you have to find that guy with the camera or something, then i turned it off and never went back to it lol. nothing on it excited me or made me want to play
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:i got to the part where everything starts getting icey and you have to find that guy with the camera or something, then i turned it off and never went back to it lol. nothing on it excited me or made me want to play

Yeah but your different.
This is all.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Big Daddys arent that tough, you basically need to set them a trap, lay down some proximity mines, or some cross bow traps shoot them and get them to run into the trap. A few cross bow traps will bring them down easily (its when the splicers set them off for you it gets annoying).

I played Bioshock through a 2nd time recently, and its a great game but there isnt much to go back for a 2nd time.

Oh and the game has possibly the worst endings of all time! I reckon they gave up once they got that far!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Bender Unit wrote:Big Daddys arent that tough, you basically need to set them a trap, lay down some proximity mines, or some cross bow traps shoot them and get them to run into the trap. A few cross bow traps will bring them down easily (its when the splicers set them off for you it gets annoying).

I played Bioshock through a 2nd time recently, and its a great game but there isnt much to go back for a 2nd time.

Oh and the game has possibly the worst endings of all time! I reckon they gave up once they got that far!

The actual ending is poor, but the twist in the story as you get to the end is fantastic. Well worth playing through just for that. I keep hearing rumours of a movie. I hope so.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Bender Unit wrote:Big Daddys arent that tough, you basically need to set them a trap, lay down some proximity mines, or some cross bow traps shoot them and get them to run into the trap. A few cross bow traps will bring them down easily (its when the splicers set them off for you it gets annoying).

The actual ending is poor, but the twist in the story as you get to the end is fantastic. Well worth playing through just for that. I keep hearing rumours of a movie. I hope so.

Totally agree regarding the twists in the story :thumleft: Really helped make this game stand out from the crowd i thought.

I just find the Big Daddy's early on a real PITA when you have poo weapons and basic plasmids. A few levels in and they're too easy once your armed up properly and the end boss was stupidly easy as i killed him 1st attempt which was a bit crap.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Back to Uncharted 2:

Latest gameplay footage: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-0 ... ed-2/55527 :D

And public multiplayer demo towards the end of September :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Andy Jones wrote:Back to Uncharted 2:

Latest gameplay footage: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-0 ... ed-2/55527 :D

You know what? I don't think that's possible on the xbox 360 :wink: :eye: :mrgreen:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

reminds me of crash bandicoot!! :-P

*dissapears on holiday for 2 weeks and avoids flaming*

cya folks! Egypt here i come.
Rev 3 GTS
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

The first 3 CB's were brilliant, A bit hit and miss after that, Then miss completely once Vivendi took over the name.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

PS3 is not more powerful than the Xbox 360, technically on paper chip to chip it appears more powerful but look closely and there are blatant areas that really let it down.

Here's one very reason:

http://www.xbox360forum.com/forum/hot-x ... d-ram.html

Sure you can store all that data on blue ray but there are smartphones with more internal memory than that!

Lets be honest for as much as you ps3 fan boys hope and pray, the ps3 will never catch up with the xbox and the xbox will never overtake the PC :lol:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

pc gaming has always been lame lol, its only good for fps and mmorpg, plus with pcs its patch this patch that join server download latest mods blah blah blah....
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

just reading that link about gow2 not possible, somebody made a good point, BOTH gears of war AND unreal tournement 3 run on the unreal engine so if the ps3 can play and support that engine (ps3 has unreal 3) then surely it can run gow2.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

H3RB wrote:just reading that link about gow2 not possible, somebody made a good point, BOTH gears of war AND unreal tournement 3 run on the unreal engine so if the ps3 can play and support that engine (ps3 has unreal 3) then surely it can run gow2.

Exactly, Talk from the bumb hole :lol:

PS3 Bioshock runs the Unreal engine, Shame it's not quite as polished as the 360 engine yet but it does the job.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

There has never been any game on any console that can touch Crysis on extreme, that game (considering its age now) is outstanding.

MMO's are good fun, AOC looks outstanding, plus all the flight simulators, Simbin games, Warhammer, Civilsation and emulators not to mention the unbeatable mod support.

I maybe wrong here, but I think GoW runs on DX9 with some DX10 content thrown in whereas the UT3 PS3 version is purely OpenGL/PSGL, thats all fine but again, the RAM is a big issue here, Sony takes 96MB for the system and thats 96MB from 256MB dedicated GPU memory, thats a huge amount - X360 takes 32MB from 512MB unified memory (can be shared for anything), so you can see theres a big difference right there.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Andy Jones wrote:
H3RB wrote:just reading that link about gow2 not possible, somebody made a good point, BOTH gears of war AND unreal tournement 3 run on the unreal engine so if the ps3 can play and support that engine (ps3 has unreal 3) then surely it can run gow2.

Exactly, Talk from the bumb hole :lol:

PS3 Bioshock runs the Unreal engine, Shame it's not quite as polished as the 360 engine yet but it does the job.

:lol:
This settles it, maybe if Sony had given the ps3 more internal ram than a telephone, it would be a seriously competitor :lol: :wink:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox- ... f-round-20
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Ram (or lack of) has always been the main 3rd party developers issue with the machine, It was an EA programmer (IIRC) that claimed the PS3 would never run at "100%" due to ram/cache issues but Naughty Dog claim Uncharted 2 is pushing the machine at 100% which means if so what will they pull out of the bag and how will they make number 3 better?

But ... It is the cross platform games/ports that are letting the PS3 down on comparison tests, All the Sony in house titles and dev teams working exclusively for the PS3 seem to know how to extract the best from the hardware.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Just winding you up mate :D

I actually really like the PS3, I even had one but sold it.

I am extremely interested in buying one to play GT5, whenever that eventually comes out, maybe even earlier if Uncharted looks that good (I havent checked out the videos yet, Ill take a look) plus the Blu-Ray player I found was for the price, second to none.

Its a very slick piece of kit and I do actually remember reading about UT3 when they claimed, due to the ps3, it would be the best version yet.

Crysis is "alledgedly" coming to the PS3 too!
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

I am unwindupable :thumleft:

Crytek have been working on the Cryengine for both 360 and PS3 for sometime and i think we are going to see the results next year.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

yeah crytek commented a few weeks ago that they love the ps3 architecture and cant wait to release games with their engine on it lol, each to thier own i guess lol

Return to “Games Consoles”