Border Front Bumper

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Border Front Bumper

Post by Ryan S »

hey peep, what happens with the fog lights if i put on a border bumper??

do i have to ditch them??? i'd rather not but fitment looks like a total f*cker, any advice would be appreciated, cheers in advance,Ryan.
tony67

Re: Border Front Bumper

Post by tony67 »

AFAIK they have to be binned.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

or you can make new diy brackets and fit them, just be prepared for it to take some time :wink:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

marty1 wrote:or you can make new diy brackets and fit them, just be prepared for it to take some time :wink:

i was thinking something along those line, not sure how they'd look though, i'll have a mess around, i'll get some pics posted once i decide on somethong, bumper is gonna have to wait now coz my clutch is slipping really bad now, gonna have to replace it, ](*,)
Signori

Post by Signori »

I ditched the fogs when my bumper went on
DeusMR2

Post by DeusMR2 »

I used to have them in the bumper but I only used tie-wraps to secure them :oops: . Theyre removed now until I make some proper brackets. Anyway this is how they looked.

It woulld probably look better if the fog lights were set further back but I'm not sure how much room there is behind them.

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

DeusMR2 wrote:I used to have them in the bumper but I only used tie-wraps to secure them :oops: . Theyre removed now until I make some proper brackets. Anyway this is how they looked.

It woulld probably look better if the fog lights were set further back but I'm not sure how much room there is behind them.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://url231.imageshack.us/url231/6120/garagel.jpg

that looks pretty tidy actually :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”