[Mk2] [Turbo] check this sump nut out....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

djpkins

[Mk2] [Turbo] check this sump nut out....

Post by djpkins »

I ordered this to adapt my sump nut location to house an oil temp sensor...as advised M12 1.5, got it off e-bay...I know it's brass but couldn't find an M12 in steel only M14 +

This is what came...

fkn extendo death nut...lol...maybe it's a radical new design that is better but I'm just a bit concerned that it will catch on something and get ripped out, it also has the sensor to be screwed in to make it even longer!!
Maybe it's an oil pressure t-piece that went wrong and has been punted out as a sump nut adapter...we are talking a protrusion of 40mm with the sensor....hhmmm...I will end up with a trail of rotting roadkill wrapped around it, slowly breaking up depositing dead mammal parts around the streets of essex...thought please...lol...fkn jazzler.
-:[KM]:-

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] check this sump nut out....

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Can't make it out.. got another pic?

What's a jazzler?? :-k
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

it's a comical term of endearment....sump nut is fine actually...doesn't quite stick out as low as the flexi :thumleft:
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Hmmm, does look a little vulnerable...

Why not a regular sandwich plate? I've had one on for 4 years and never had an issue. A bit of PTFE tape around all threads keeps it leak free.
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

I had a sandwich plate but the gasket kept buckling under the heat soak from the exhaust manifold...rev 2 common prob, tried different gaskets and sealant but no joy. It doesn't actually stick out that much cos the sump nut is tapped in at an angle, even with the sensor screwed in it sits about an inch higher than the flexi part of the exhaust...saying that though, when I find a steel M12 x 1.5 adapter that isn't a comedy nut ... I will change it :D

Return to “Modifications”