[Mk2] [Turbo] permanet ignition live in engine bay...

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

[Mk2] [Turbo] permanet ignition live in engine bay...

Post by Martin F »

I would like to know where to take a live from the engine bay fuse box to power my chargecooler pump, i would like the power to come on with the ignition and turn off when i remove the key.

so which power supply should i use in the fuse box and do i need to change the fuse to a slightly bigger one,

RST

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] permanet ignition live in engine bay...

Post by RST »

I'm not sure what the cc pump on my GT4 draws but it'll be a few amps anyway. I would have thought you want to tap into the main supply going into the fuse box (comes in in 2 cables and onto 2 separate m5(?) terminals under a rubber cap near the front of the fuse box). I'd run it through a relay to switch it on/off -depends whether you want to find a switched live somewhere local or run a cable up through into the cabin to find a switched live.

You would need to fit a fuse for the pump and one for whatever you're going to turn the relay on/off with (think I used a 2A fuse for the relay on my lid fan kit).

Does that give you any ideas?
MRGEN3TURBO

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] permanet ignition live in engine bay...

Post by MRGEN3TURBO »

correct, in the engine bay fuse box, any of the black/red wires is a switched ignition source. Just make sure you use a fuse. There is a constant power source there as well under a red rubber cover.
MR2 sticks like glue

Return to “Electrical”