Free to collector - MK1

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

PeteW

Free to collector - MK1

Post by PeteW »

Hi all,

**Edited to add correct phone number** (I fumbled my typing)

I have a Mica blue MK1 that has been sitting on my drive for over a year. I was going to get it on the road but having had a good poke round it I've found what I consider to be terminal rust around the front ARB mount box sections. It's way beyond my capacity to repair.

The rear arches themselves aren't too bad but the sill returns and the OS front wing are also gone.

Car has not been started for over year and will need to be trailered away as I had to remove one of the rear calipers in order to move the car.

I wouldn't pay anything for it so I don't expect anyone else to. It will be scrapped if no-one wants it but I thought I would offer it here just in case. I'm looking for a better MK1 and I just want to get this one off my drive.

Pics...

Before I started prodding it with a screwdriver:

Car is near Swindon, not far from M4 J15.

Call me on 07795281427, I guess it's easiest to say that if anyone wants it, it's whoever gets here first with a trailer!

Cheers,

Pete
welshboyo

mr2

Post by welshboyo »

alright mate have you still got the mr2 as my mate was looking for a project and he would defo be intrested?
PeteW

Re: Free to collector - MK1

Post by PeteW »

Hi mate,

Yep the car is still here. He is more than welcome to it as long as he comes and picks it up, as long he can trailer it away or maybe use a tow bar as there are no brakes.

Let me know, give me a call this evening if you like.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Hi I cant believe I missed this

I have left a message and sent you a text

I have a trailer and can pick up today

Chris.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

You don't need another one Chris!! :)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi all, thanks for the interest. Car now gone and will be put back on the road by the new owner :)

Return to “MR2s for Sale”