X360 Games on Demand

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martian_333

X360 Games on Demand

Post by Martian_333 »

Anynoe seen this?

New feature of XBOX Live, but £19.99 for Mass Effect :shock: its a good game but you can get it for about a tenner now pre-owned.

Still pretty cool though how you can buy and downlolad games, I've been wanting this for a while.

Might get a copy of NFS Most Wanted again, always enjoyed that game (and Carbon believe it or not!)
matt_mr2t

Re: X360 Games on Demand

Post by matt_mr2t »

They do it on PSN for some games. In my personal opinion, they're too expensive on both consoles. If you bought a game that didnt have a box or instructions you wouldnt pay £20 for it. If you dont even have a disc I doubt you'd pay a fiver for it.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Not only that its the tediously slow download speed! On demand means I want it now - the pace of the doanloads is mind numbing.

I had a day off on Friday and it took 5 hours to download a 1.2gb demo! Luckily I wasnt playing online and left it running whilst I did other things - but if I also wanted to play online forget it.

Also anothet thing that hacks me off is that despite being so stupidly slow to download it also uses up all my bandwidth so I cant use the internet in the mean time.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

And how many Gig's of space do they take up?
If you save a disc to the HDD it's usually 5+ gb
Unless you have a 120gig HDD you're xxxx out of luck IMO as with game saves, profile etc you'll be lucky to fit 2 games on there. £20 for a game and you'll end up simply deleting it when you want a new one.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Bender Unit wrote:Not only that its the tediously slow download speed! On demand means I want it now - the pace of the doanloads is mind numbing.

I had a day off on Friday and it took 5 hours to download a 1.2gb demo! Luckily I wasnt playing online and left it running whilst I did other things - but if I also wanted to play online forget it.

Also anothet thing that hacks me off is that despite being so stupidly slow to download it also uses up all my bandwidth so I cant use the internet in the mean time.

Did the demo launch that day by any chance?

Even so my downloads normally take about 15 mins on the xbox. Nothing on the PC is as fast.
Rev 3 GTS
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

SamUK wrote:
Bender Unit wrote:Not only that its the tediously slow download speed! On demand means I want it now - the pace of the doanloads is mind numbing.

Even so my downloads normally take about 15 mins on the xbox. Nothing on the PC is as fast.

you really must have a bad internet connection.... i can download 2 gig in 12mins on my pc, but on ps3 or 360 with the same connection it takes about 30mins a gig. ms, and sony cap download speeds on live and psn
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Really? I had no idea they did that, source?
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

H3RB wrote:i can download 2 gig in 12mins on my pc, but on ps3 or 360 with the same connection it takes about 30mins a gig. ms, and sony cap download speeds on live and psn

Is your PC wired, and PS3 & 360 wireless?
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

matt_mr2t wrote:They do it on PSN for some games. In my personal opinion, they're too expensive on both consoles. If you bought a game that didnt have a box or instructions you wouldnt pay £20 for it. If you dont even have a disc I doubt you'd pay a fiver for it.

Agreed, £2-£3 TOPS!!! for PS1 titles, Surely they've made a decent amount of money off it first time round.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

JohnnyC wrote:
H3RB wrote:i can download 2 gig in 12mins on my pc, but on ps3 or 360 with the same connection it takes about 30mins a gig. ms, and sony cap download speeds on live and psn

Is your PC wired, and PS3 & 360 wireless?

nope all wired on the same router, and i cant find the source about the capping it was a fair few years ago
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

H3RB wrote:
SamUK wrote:

you really must have a bad internet connection.... i can download 2 gig in 12mins on my pc, but on ps3 or 360 with the same connection it takes about 30mins a gig. ms, and sony cap download speeds on live and psn

#-o

were you talking to me? I said my downloads were fast? How does that mean i have a bad internet connection?
Rev 3 GTS
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

My internet connection is fine when on the PC / Laptop but as soon as I download anything from MS its dire. It uses all available bandwidth and yet the download speed is shocking.

Nothing wrong with my line, its obviously an XBL / XBOX thing. I did a few searches and it seems its a big issue. It also seems to be a lottery, some people get lightening fast downloads, others it takes all day to download a demo. Its not even like I am downloading at peak times / or new releases.

The IL Sturmovik demo is at least a few weeks old and that took literally all day and into the evening. I am now downloading the Xbox orginal Pirates (loved it on the Amiga) and thats going so slowly its unreal - cant thing there is a mad downloading rush on that game!

Noticed on opne forum one guy who had an insanely fast connection did a test when he was downloading from XBL and it was running so slowly it made a 33k dial up look fast!

It never used to be this slow - downloaded stuff in the past and it was fine, now live is borderline useless for anything by playing games. Even the video's they host dont download, left one for 30 mins and it still hadnt downloaded anything - others say the same.

Maybe its something to do with my Sky router?
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Have to admit i do remember reading that some people get alot faster downloads than others.

Not sure what could cause that though.

Its strange how it hogs your bandwidth when its not downloading fast though.
Rev 3 GTS
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

I did a speed test and it seems at best i am getting 500k normally - not bad for a 16 meg connection .... ](*,)

With the 360 downloaded I managed to do a speed test ... 100k tops!?!?!?
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

its stupid but you will get a few idiots that will do it.

That Rockstar table tennis game that came out years ago £19.99!!! They were selling it in the shops for £5 !!

Plus the games will most likely be locked to your xbox so you cant sell / trade / borrow them either!!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Bender Unit wrote:I did a speed test and it seems at best i am getting 500k normally - not bad for a 16 meg connection .... ](*,)

With the 360 downloaded I managed to do a speed test ... 100k tops!?!?!?

Try putting the xboxes IP in the DMZ of your router.

Puts it outside the firewall and youll know if there some ports being blocked or something then.
Rev 3 GTS
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Mines completely the opposite, super fast on the 360 DL from MS (wired) and PC garbage (wireless, that'll be why then)

Wire up your house (CAT5/ethernet based power supplies) and you shouldnt have any problems

Return to “Games Consoles”