[Mk2] [Turbo] Toad Alarm help

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

notroubleclubber

[Mk2] [Turbo] Toad Alarm help

Post by notroubleclubber »

Hi. Ive just notcied that when my alarm goes off the siren doesnt work.If i arm the alarm the doors lock and the light flashes and it immobilises and when i disarm it unlocks and disarms the immobiliser but there is no chirps or sirens.

My fob has two green buttons. The closest i can find to a match online is a a101cl system but that system has one green button and one black.

Does anyone know what system i got and also got a manual for it (user and install) and if not a manual or guide for an a101cl?
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Toad Alarm help

Post by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER »

notroubleclubber wrote:Hi. Ive just notcied that when my alarm goes off the siren doesnt work.If i arm the alarm the doors lock and the light flashes and it immobilises and when i disarm it unlocks and disarms the immobiliser but there is no chirps or sirens.

My fob has two green buttons. The closest i can find to a match online is a a101cl system but that system has one green button and one black.

Does anyone know what system i got and also got a manual for it (user and install) and if not a manual or guide for an a101cl?

Sounds like you have the C range of alarms what does the siren say

ian
notroubleclubber

cant find it. Cant find any info on the c series. Even a user manual would be nice!!!
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER

Post by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER »

notroubleclubber wrote:cant find it. Cant find any info on the c series. Even a user manual would be nice!!!

Send me your e-mail i have user guide for that

Ian
notroubleclubber

pm sent.thanks.
notroubleclubber

UPDATE -

Ok ive looked at the alarm and there is no markings on the siren in the engine bay. Its just black and the only sticker it has has had the writing removed (prob by heat).

It looks like it had a cat2 immoibiliser in the dash but i havent got a fob for that but the immobiliser is linked to the toad alarm so maybe it was an upgrade from cat 2 to cat 1?

Anyway the other prob i have is when the car is immobilised by the alarm,i turn the ignition to position 3 and all the fans come on around the car (not the heater but the engine bay and radiator fans) but as soon as i disarm the immobiliser the fans stop. I take it the alarm is wired wrong as i dont hear the fans any other time except when the immobiliser/alarm is activated. Ive tried disconnecting the engine bay temp senser (on the lid) as been told this will make the fans run all the time but it doesnt.
I may remove the alarm all together and put a decent system in myself (im not too bad with car electrics as im an electrician by trade!).

Return to “ICE and Security”