Absolutly Gutted

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Avenger

Absolutly Gutted

Post by Avenger »

Im leaving the world of mr2's after only 5 months of ownership

the car was broken into on works car park last night - they tried to pry both doors open and also bricked the drivers window and rear quarter- but they didnt break

so they smashed the back window and crawled in that way instead, took my clarion tv head unit (face wasnt in the car) and a clarion Digital sound processor (rare and pretty expensive) , the gits even took my adidas jumper, can peeps just keep an eye out for any clarion gear (especially the DSP as there arnt many about) coming up for sale

also if anyone knows where i can get a replacement dash and dash centre (gonna try rogue) bezel + a rear window (this one is urgent as you can imagine) please get in touch, its all getting fixed and put right then its being sold

the magic has gone, can hardly stand to be near it let alone drive it anymore.

cant even claim of the insurance as i dont have enough NCB to protect it and i would loose out much more in the long run if i claimed.

sorry for the long post & thanks to everyone for the help and advice ive had from this site before and during my mr2 ownership
BLOODUK

Re: Absolutly Gutted

Post by BLOODUK »

sh*t man that sucks, may they rot in hell and get some disease before hand

:x
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

sorry dude.

thats just plain sh!t
Ms Croft

Post by Ms Croft »

sorry to hear about that hun :(

when will people start to respect other peoples property? [-( im so lucky i have a works car park with security there so no one can get in, and i have a garage to lock the car up in overnight, otherwise i would be up all night worrying about it 8-[
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

:cry: really upsetting to read that. Theyre just pure SCUM :evil:
vipernet55

Post by vipernet55 »

that sux m8, give us a shout if you find the barstewards.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Avenger wrote:cant even claim of the insurance as i dont have enough NCB to protect it and i would loose out much more in the long run if i claimed.

I think that's the worst bit :cry:

Even if the f**kers were caught, YOU would have to chase them through the courts for your losses, which would be a waste of time as they'll no doubt have no money as they're mostly likely worthless pieces of sh!t who can't be @rsed to get a job.

They're unlikely to get caught either, as the police prefer to go after something more worthwhile (murderers & speeding motorists with money).
Even if they did get caught, the courts would see they've had such a hard life and just give them a slap on the wrist - which is a great deterrent #-o

Sad state of this country today, the victim loses, the villian gains property to sell on with very slim chance of being caught - even if caught no serious consequences ](*,)

Oh, and sorry about what has happened Avenger, it's not nice :cry:
craig

Post by craig »

Sorry to hear that mate, they don't deserve to live :evil:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
pnjmcc

Post by pnjmcc »

I think RedMR2 just about somes it up mate.

I am sorry for your loss and the fact that you have been forced to leave the IMOC through no choice of you own.

You could also try the TCB in cornwall for parts, they are quite helpful, know thier stuff and will do next day deliverys

Regards
PaulM
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

RedMR² wrote:Sorry to hear that mate, they don't deserve to live :evil:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Agreed
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

thanks - do you have any details for that company?
Fonzy

Post by Fonzy »

:rambo: i know its illegal to electrocute the outside of your car, but i would love to wire up a nice fat voltage which is wired to the drivers chair, about 5 seconds after the car is broken into and alarm not deactivated! a nice 260 volts get sent staright through the feckers a$$owle :mrgreen: could you imagine the squeel =D>
Time we cracked dwon on these scum bags, i say lets have a imoc trick vehicle which is nicely wired up, body kitted and ready to nick in those areas that have already been hit by these scum bags, we wait in a nearby car undercover and after them taking the bait we give em a lession they will never forget! :twisted:
stevel

Post by stevel »

i know its illegal to electrocute the outside of your car

How about the inside? :twisted:
Sorry to hear about this mate & hope you get it sorted asap

Steve
pete h

Post by pete h »

stevel wrote:How about the inside? :twisted:

Illegal to do it on the inside aswell. :evil:

sorry fella, know how you feel.
tubby_d

broken into

Post by tubby_d »

Sorry to hear this but you should let they ruin you love to drive a MR2 :(
whitty

Post by whitty »

sorry to here about that matey

I used to work in insurance :cry:

If you are fully comp you should be able to make a glass claim without affecting your no claims :wink:

might help you out abit, you will need to pay an excess though normall 50-75 pounds

check your policy

I hope the thieving barstewards hands fall off!!!
space_cowboy

Post by space_cowboy »

I know how you feel mate, pretty much the same thing happened to my mk1 when i was 19. They smashed up the interior more than they had to, just to steal my md changer!!! They went in my boot and took all my clothes & stole my petrol. Druggies Im guessing... anyway, looking at the car or being in it made me feel sick :(

Then had a few mechanical problems and lost my job and it went down hill from there till i felt forced to sell it :(

But hey that was 4 years ago and im going to finally view a new one this weekend! You'll find a better one mate, its probably fate. God loves MR2's ya know \:D/
Snelly

Post by Snelly »

Firstly, sorry to hear about the break in.

Secondly, don't get rid of her, she's a warrior, she put up a fight against the thieving scum bags... think how rejected she feels now. Go outside right now and give her a hug and tell her you'll put her right, she'll be the happiest 2 in town.

:)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

lol - its a nice idea, but if i did keep it i wouldnt drive it to work anymore as it would only get done again within days (as there was a lot of stuff they didnt manage to get that time), and there is no way im catching the bus every day and keeping the car just for weekends, way to much hassle.

My insurance renewal just came thru so i got a quote on the omega instead - £400 less!!! enough to get the car sorted ready for being sold so im managing to find a few + points at least

Thanks for all the support guys and gals

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”