Help ... where do i cut the pipe to fit a MBC and Boost Gauge

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

T-Bar Turbo

Help ... where do i cut the pipe to fit a MBC and Boost Gauge

Post by T-Bar Turbo »

Can anyone help me out please i have a MBC and a boost gauge to fit ideally i want to get this done today i have a rev 4 turbo but i am not sure where to plumb this in, i have read a few threads on here but they where for a rev 1/2 not a rev4

If anyone can offer me some advice and maybe a few pictures i can refer to that would be excellent

Thanks
Marf

Re: Help ... where do i cut the pipe to fit a MBC and Boost Gauge

Post by Marf »

The MBC needs to be fitted in between the hose that goes between the turbo's compressor housing and the actuator. You will also need to disconnect your TVSV.

Jack the car up at little on the rear drivers side, just to give yourself some room.

Get under the car and you'll see a little unit attached to inlet runner number4(count from the dizzy), thats the TVSV valve. Take the plug off that and you're done.

For the boost gauge you can basically tap any of the small vac pipes coming off the throttle body, I put mine in the pipe that goes between the throttle body and fuel pressure regulator.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Also to make things easier on your self you should buy a couple of feet of tubing, saves burning your hands when trying to set it :wink:
Marf

Post by Marf »

Good point, its all bloody tight in there, and lots of large and small coolant pipes all over the place.

Burned myself a couple of times yesterday faffing with the vac hoses after fitting my boost controller :eye:
T-Bar Turbo

Post by T-Bar Turbo »

thanks for the reply's well i got the boost gauge all up and running and my 3 pod gauge unit in i'm more than impressed with it but i didnt have enough pipe left over to do the MBC so that's a job for next weekend

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”