[Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy TD05

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Stretchermunkey

[Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy TD05

Post by Stretchermunkey »

Have just had my Greddy TD05 full reconditioned, (fins, bearings, seals etc) and now my head gaskets gone, thinking of stripping the car and want to know how much I'm likely to get for this. Only done 30 miles since recon.
Any ideas
Cheers ](*,)
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Mbland

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy TD05

Post by Mbland »

Dunno what the going rate is but was bidding on one on ebay a while ago that went for £350 in the end dunno about mileage it had on it though
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

if it comes as a full kit then around £600-£800 :thumleft:
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

I missed out on one on ebay, went for about £450 as a full kit.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

RobCrezz wrote:I missed out on one on ebay, went for about £450 as a full kit.

i was watching that one too , it hadn't been used for 18 months and had some side/side play, the one above has just had a refurb and these kits are £1500+ brand new so half price is a fair price... :wink:
Mr2_NA

Post by Mr2_NA »

Get your sockets and spanners out :thumleft:

Shame to see another 2 get stripped, mines picking up value every week cos of this :lol:

I value my car now at £616.67 :thumleft:
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

is it right these are rated to 350bhp
Stretchermunkey

TD05

Thanks for the advice, Going to have one last bash at getting her running properly.
I already have more debt than Northern Rock, so another few hundred quid is'nt going to make much difference, although I'm rapidly approaching Boxter money now.
Cheers Steve
](*,)
With regard to power, My car was estimated to be running at approx 320bhp at 1.1bar and was told I should get 350 if I cranked the boost up.
Ironic, did'nt want to do that in case my engine went bang.....
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Power depends on what compressor wheel it has 16g/18g/20g apparently.
Ruishy1

Post by Ruishy1 »

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the TD06 turbo kit a custom one, or is the turbo from another car then modified as i would like to upgrade my ct26 shortly
Stretchermunkey

Td05

I believe they come as standard on some Subaru's, not sure about the Greddy ones though
razmrtwo

Post by razmrtwo »

Sorry for bringing an old topic up but I have one enquiry here, can the mitsubishi's TD-05 turbo be fitted onto standard manifold? How much boost does this turbo capable of holding?
Ruishy1

Post by Ruishy1 »

they wont fit the standard manifold, you need an adaptor AFAIK :D
razmrtwo

Post by razmrtwo »

Ruishy1 wrote:they wont fit the standard manifold, you need an adaptor AFAIK :D

If only it needs an adaptor, I will find one :mrgreen: Whats the max boost they can handle?
Ruishy1

Post by Ruishy1 »

it wont just be the adaptor, it will need down pipe, oil, water and return lines sorted. changing to another turbo is never an easy thing :(
razmrtwo

Post by razmrtwo »

Ruishy1 wrote:it wont just be the adaptor, it will need down pipe, oil, water and return lines sorted. changing to another turbo is never an easy thing :(

I already have DP for aftermarket turbo so DP will not be a problem. How hard it is to sort the oil and water return lines?
Ruishy1

Post by Ruishy1 »

most turbos have different bolt patterns, so the chances of your DP bolting up are slim to none.

Oil and water lines would need to be custome made, but most hose places can do that if you let them know the threads types and length :)

Return to “Modifications”