[All] [Generic] cusco roll cage fitting help!!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bolton

[All] [Generic] cusco roll cage fitting help!!

Post by bolton »

hi all started to fit my cusco 6 point cage today and found it to be a very very tight fit! Is this how it should be? I think i may need to jack some parts up and then bolt them as a cannot hold in place! Cheers
dave5526

Re: [All] [Generic] cusco roll cage fitting help!!

Post by dave5526 »

are you keeping all the interior? if so it will be tight, i stripped mine out and it fitted just right. i know in the car i bought it from had all the interior but had square holes cut in the firewall carpet so the feet have a bit more room.

where exactly are you having probs? it is a two person job really, need someone to hold parts while you bolt, and to bolt the rear firewall legs you need someone at the engine bay.

how are you fitting it? our method was to build the main cage with the front feet as far under the dash as possible and mark holes, move cage slightly and drill, then bolt all 4 floor feet in place, then attach rear feet and push them up to the firewall using a mallet to bang them up. then mark, drill and bolt in.
bolton

Post by bolton »

hi m8 yeah keepin interior but removed sound pads from floor where feet go and as you said i will cut the firewall carpet!

I built the cage in the car but having problems mounting the rear legs to the rear firewall i jus cant push them up enough!

rear legs

front

rear

also the sun visors are in the down position as one side catches on the cage should i just trim these down and get them re covered??
cheers
dave5526

Post by dave5526 »

I did away with the passengers sun visor and left the drivers in the down position mostly, I could put it away by forcing it past the bar though, it was a rev1 t-bar visor in my rev 3 tintop though (and no interior/roof lining in) so may be smaller than yours.

The rear firewall legs should be tight, thats what gives the chassis its stiffness, try using a mallet to hammer it up, but looking at your photos the rear feet were a bit further forward on my car. Did you mark all your holes before drilling? We got the cage in place, marked everything with tippex and then drilled so we knew it would fit. The front feet should be pulled under the dash further too which will pull the other feet forward slightly

The order to fix them is front feet first (as far forward as you can), then rear floor feet, then the firewall feet. Where abouts are you? If you're still having trouble I might be able to help out if you're not too far away.
bolton

Post by bolton »

no holes are drilled yet so ill get the front feet as far under as i can! I should be ok now i know wat order to fasten the legs down! But if i get stuck again i may need your help cheers im in malvern!

Return to “Modifications”