[Mk2] [Turbo] no compression what so-ever on nu 2

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nuttasie

[Mk2] [Turbo] no compression what so-ever on nu 2

Post by nuttasie »

just brought a car(rev1) nowing that it had an engine problem,looked at it from worse case scenario so no worries there. Was hoping it was a head gasket but after a compression test nu 2 as no compression at all.
After a slight strip down i can see that it has a mls gasket already,there is a decent amount of oil in the compressor side and also in the intercooler.

I have put a rod down the spark plug hole and can not feel a hole in the crown,the engine was making no funny noises at all as it was running,just not on nu2.

compression on other 3 is very good within 5 psi of each other.

Anybody got any idea's lol b4 i totally strip it.
Ruishy1

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] no compression what so-ever on nu 2

Post by Ruishy1 »

sounds like a valve mate, but if its zero compression its gonna need stripped no matter.
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

was wondering about a valve/s but don't know the symptoms as never had a valve problem b4.

Are metal gaskets re-usable? or scrap once stripped?
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

rev1 wont have a metal head gasket bud. however use a rev3 MLS or cometic MLS.

you need to get the head off to properly diagnose it. The valve (s) must be pretty bad to allow No compression whatsoever! just hope there is not a hole in one of them as it could mean piston damage too.

i would say, get a leak down tester to it, but its pointless as you will have to remove the head anyway.
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

Does sound like valve(s).

Get the head off!

I have a spare head in the garage ready to be skimmed, can get it skimmed ready for you if you want.

PM me if interested.

Lewis.
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

RyanRs wrote:rev1 wont have a metal head gasket bud. however use a rev3 MLS or cometic MLS.

you need to get the head off to properly diagnose it. The valve (s) must be pretty bad to allow No compression whatsoever! just hope there is not a hole in one of them as it could mean piston damage too.

i would say, get a leak down tester to it, but its pointless as you will have to remove the head anyway.

It must have been modded b4 has it defo as metal gasket and is 1.6mm thick by the look of it,hopefully get chance to work on it sometime next week if it don't rain lol.

Return to “Mechanical”