clutch flexi hose

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

scomr2

clutch flexi hose

Post by scomr2 »

Anyone sourced a new one from anywhere other than MrT?

Tried brakes international but they dont and Fensport dont have them listed either.

Simon.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: clutch flexi hose

Post by LimeyMk1 »

crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

do you have a problem with yours?
scomr2

Post by scomr2 »

Yes it's leaking!

Dont really want a braided hose - wife has just been to partco who think they can match it - should arrive tomorrow.

Simon
HT

Post by HT »

Limeymk1 wrote:http://www.twosrus.com/catalog/product_ ... ucts_id=93 (Speedsource)

HTH

Chris

Has anyone fitted this kit ?? and does it make much difference??
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

I've got one on my car, wouldn't have recommended it otherwise. :wink:

Not sure whether it makes much of a difference as the clutch feel on Mk1s is so individual and I fitted a new clutch at the same time. The clutch is quite heavy, but I like it like that.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

do you think its worth the money?
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Just under £30? Yeah, probably. Bear in mind I was ordering other parts at the same time so postage didn't really apply, I don't think it's worth the $90 it would cost to order it on it's own. Get some Poly buses at the same time. :wink: 8)
HT

Post by HT »

Limeymk1 wrote:I've got one on my car, wouldn't have recommended it otherwise. :wink:

Not sure whether it makes much of a difference as the clutch feel on Mk1s is so individual and I fitted a new clutch at the same time. The clutch is quite heavy, but I like it like that.

It was an improvement in clutch feel I was seeking - one of my mk1's is really light (my preference :wink: ) and the other feels very heavy, although the clutch was replaced under a 1000 miles ago! Wonder what causes the differencs in pedal feel??
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

There is an adjustment on the pedal where you can moove the connection up a notch and increase the leverage on the pedal. Reduced effort = lighter pedal. I haven't played with it yet, Lauren told me about the adjustment. :thumright:
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

Limeymk1 wrote:http://www.twosrus.com/catalog/product_ ... ucts_id=93 (Speedsource)

HTH

Chris

I reckon that wouldn't do much at all. Its not like a brake hose which is under extreme pressure when you hit the brakes hard. The hose is never going to be the weakest link in that chain.The clutch arm is relatively easy to move and it doesn't come up against a hard stop like brake pads against discs. I might be wrong but can't see it myself.
HT

Post by HT »

Limeymk1 wrote:There is an adjustment on the pedal where you can moove the connection up a notch and increase the leverage on the pedal. Reduced effort = lighter pedal. I haven't played with it yet, Lauren told me about the adjustment. :thumright:

Thanks I'll give that a try :)
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Spudgun, like I said haven't a clue if it works, probably just a bit of bling! :lol: What's the cost comparison with a standard replacement? I never really checked, I was buying other parts from David and chucked it in the basket as I needed a new one.
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

Fair point Limey, I would probably go for one if mine failed, just purely for the fit it once and forget about it option, and nice and blingy as well.
Are you still going to Bristol on Sunday? I thought your name was on the list.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Will try my best, I need to install my main bearings and refill the brake system first though. I might be coming in a 323. #-o
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

If you don't make it I will be the only mk1 in around 60 cars! :shock:
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

scomr2 if you dont find one or would rather have the real thing PM me . i have a virtually new one available next week.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Limeymk1 wrote:I've got one on my car, wouldn't have recommended it otherwise. :wink:

I've seen these on the 'twosrus' website and was wondering where it actually fits/locates on the car, is it in the engine bay or in the frunk, or under the car?
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

SteveM wrote:

I've seen these on the 'twosrus' website and was wondering where it actually fits/locates on the car, is it in the engine bay or in the frunk, or under the car?

Coo, thread revival! :lol:

The hose fits in the engine bay between the slave cylinder assembly and the hard pipe on the chassis. They're available from www.speed-source.net (the manufactureres) as well. :thumleft:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

avoid the oneso nebay they have the wrong end fittings. and dont give you refunds despite them being sold for all revisions of the Mk1 :(

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”