central locking

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

doeboy

central locking

Post by doeboy »

i've got a 95 tubby, i,ve had fitted a cat 1 toad alarm however ever since this has been in place i can't unlock my car on the alarm button i have to use the button on the key.but i've also got remote start and after i've started the car remotely i can unlock the door with the alarm fob, can anyone tell me how i can make the car disarm and unlock the door all at the same time when the engine is off, not too much to ask you wouldn't of thought but like everything else its never straight forward. i would much appreciate any helpful advice.
spindle

Re: central locking

Post by spindle »

i've just fitted this alarm to my car and i'm having exactly the same problem. i followed the instructions to the letter but the doors wont unlock on disarm. the doors lock on arming and doors will lock and unlock from the key fob when the ignition is on.
anybody know how to solve this?
scann2

See post in Electrical thread!!!

Post by scann2 »

Guys, i see this all the time, threads on alarms and central locking. I also had my alarm fitted by Sextons and had similar problems to everyone else it seems. 2 weekends ago, i spent ages trying to suss it out. I found out that the central locking works by motors and the polarity reverses on lock / unlock, the switches in the door panel do this reversing somehow. Anyhow, After disconnecting the alarm wires to the vehicle, mine were wired into the door harness connector in the passenger footwell, i found that the CL was NOT effected by the alarm status or the lock status of the vehicle, thus the CL button should work all the time with the ignition on or off, the alarm was effecting this. Once i had disconnected these alarm wires to the car, i decided the best option, and get this, would be to simulate the CL door control panel buttons being pressed by means of relays under the door control panel, luckily i had x2 miniature relays i could use. I had to run the lock and unlock feed wires from the alarm into the drivers door by threading them through the door cable rubber protector, removing the door panel etc. I then used these to control the relays, hense connecting the connections on the under side of the door panel. It works great and i made a nice neat job of it, perhaps if anyone is interested i can post a circuit diagram, pics and description on how it is done, let me know, it wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Return to “ICE and Security”