[FINALIZED] 1994 Rev3 Caribbean blue T-bar Mr2 Turbo

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Flamby

1994 Rev3 Caribbean blue T-bar Mr2 Turbo

Post by Flamby »

I have thoroughly thought this through, over the last month or so, and well here it is.

Here for sale is my 1994 L reg, GTS rev3 t-bar turbo in Caribbean Blue.

First off, I'll start with a bit about me and my reason for sale.

I have owned this car for 4 years now, and it has been my pride and joy for all this time! It was bought from a fellow member on the mr2 forums, under the forum name "Fizz", I am sure he will not mind me mentioning him, as since I purchased this car from him, we have remained in contact and he's a great guy!

This cars claim to fame is all that it was in issue one of the Mr2Only publication, where it was featured alongside my parents mr2's! At one point in my family, we had three mr2's on the driveway, now down to two.

It was at first used by me as a daily driver, but in the last year and half I have not used it half as much as I should, that is due to other obligations mainly being work and university. I would say it comes out once every two weeks.

The car has been to the Nurburgring twice, once with me and once with Fizz, I have only done 3 laps in it and it was incredible.

Me at the ring

Fizz at the ring

My reason for sale is that I would like a newer car, something I can track and then drive home, and I need good mpg, and being a photographer I need a lot of boot space for all my gear, and the Mr2 just does not tick all the boxes anymore.

I had considered tracking it a lot more, but I feel it's too good to do that to it; it would be unfair on the poor girl.

And the most important reason of all... I honestly feel I do not drive it enough; I really do not do this fantastic car justice!

So all that being said, I feel it is time to move on.

The car is being MOT'd this Thursday at Toyota GT and will therefore have a year's MOT for the new owner.

There is also 6 months tax remaining. Tax on this vehicle is £185 a year for reference too.
Mileage is at 147723, important to explain here that it was switched to miles, from kilometres at 134k and therefore has done 13k miles, making it around 15k miles done overall in it, in the last 4 years.

This car was imported in 1998, and is one of the few that were officially imported by Toyota themselves; I am the third UK owner.

The first UK owner who bought it directly from Toyota, had a heap of work carried out on the car, of which I have all the receipts. I also have receipts from the time Fizz had it, and loads from my years of ownership also.

The servicing of the car when possible has been done by me, for example oil and filter changes, which I have carried out every 3000 miles. But more often than not, all work (general servicing and modifications) have all been carried out by James and his team at Toyota GT, he's looked after my car over the years.

Now I'm a good news, bad news kind of person, so that being said and not wanting to leave a bitter taste in your mouth, I shall start with the bad news first.

When I purchased the car it had what Fizz (the previous owner) described as three problems, I still have the pictures he sent me to show them, and here they are.

Here are some pictures of the car, done by Fizz for his for sale ad, from when I bought it, just for reference.

A scratch from a Cat on the front right pop up light cover

Slight graze on the rear bumper, on the right hand side. Alot worse in photo than in real life, you have to point it out to people most of the time.

A hole in the dash alongside the fog light switches, most likely where some factory fitted options were removed.

Since owning it, I have only had one other problem which is in 2008 when I went to the Nurburgring I had left the car in the Ed garage, which regulars to the ring will know is alongside the main straight and is a very popular petrol station. Anyway I went in to buy some souvenirs and came out to some Ford owners shouting and running after some German 4x4 with a big trailer, I soon realised it was because he had reversed into my car, and damaged my boot lid. Luckily that was all that was damaged; the following picture was taken seconds after I got back to the car.

Right now on with the good stuff...

The car was dyno'ed at Motorworx in Marlow nearly a year ago, the dyno sheets are as follows, and the operator commented on how smooth the power delivery was, and that I could push it further if I wanted to, however state of tune has remained the same since with no changes.

I'm not a fan of body kits or external bodywork modifications at all, I believe that it should be as Toyota intended... but just with more go under the bonnet that being said, my modifications list is as follows.

Modifications:

Engine & Drive train:

- HKS Hi-Power exhaust
- De cat of standard downpipe (no problems with MOT as this is acceptable for this yr of mr2 turbo).
- ST205 Charge cooler setup fitted by 3s services/Toyota GT
- Rogue Engine bay fans
- HKS SSQV Dump valve
- Apexi Induction kit
- TRD Radiator Cap
- Field extension harness for the ecu, means that the original ecu wiring has been untouched when splicing into wires.
- Poly bush engine mounts
- steel gear linkage bushes and copper support bushes for the gear stick support plate

Handling & Braking:

- Genuine Volk Racing/Rays Engineering 17" TE37 in white, I had these refurbished after I bought them 3 years ago, however they have been kerbed since.
- Toyo Proxie 215/40 & 235/40 17" tyres , rear tyres have done 2000 miles with very little sign of wear, fronts have plenty of life left in them also.
- Red Stuff pads
- Ebc discs, oem replacements
- Motul RBF600 High Performance Brake Fluid
- Goodridge stainless steel brake hoses
- K-sport fully adjustable coilovers, they were bought second hand roughly 2.5 years ago, and roughly this time last year these were refurbished, and one fully replaced, massive improvement to the way it drives.
- High & Tight motorsports prothane full suspension bush kit
- Full tracking setup carried out to give a fast road setup, roughly 10 months ago.

Electronics:

- HkS EVc 5 (holding Boost at 1.1 bar which I believe is roughly 15.5psi)
- Apexi RSM
- Clamping speed delimiter
- Clifford Alarm with proximity sensor and Intellistart.
- Defi gauges, turbo and oil temperature. Sadly the oil temperature gauge has a fault, the wiring is fine, and it powers on fine, but it never gets a reading. The gauge itself states that there is a fault with the probe, but being in a sandwich plate by the oil filter has meant that I have not had a chance yet to replace it.

Styling:

- Crystal side lights with led super white tower bulbs
- Genuine Raybrig front lights
- HID conversion kit (h4 bulbs)
- Speed Hut custom EL blue glow Dials
- All interior lights converted to blue... heater control, courtesy light etc...
- Custom upholstered half leather seats, blue and black with blue stitching. The extra padding on the door cards causes the plastic trim around the door handle to not sit flush, something that has never truly bothered me.

- Gas ram lifters for front boot

Ice:

- Alpine head unit with USB connector in the glove box
- Alpine amps mounted in front boot.
- Focal Component Speakers in doors
- Rainbow Speakers fit into rear speaker position
- Phoenix gold sub in custom box behind passenger seat

Maintenance wise.

Most recently the clutch has been done by Toyota GT, roughly 500miles ago, if that.
I have had the cambelt changed at 143k, tensioners were changed also, as well as the water pump. All work also done by Toyota GT.

Just carried out a coolant change recently, last month. So that now has 5 litres of the Halfords advanced coolant and some wetter water coolant additive stuff and then the rest is de ionized water.

Brakes and pads are all fine with plenty of life.

Extras:

I have the following extra parts to go with the sale of this car.
- set of standard wheels, with plenty of tread left on them.
- Spare Toyo Proxie 235/40/17, with loads of tread left, had a puncture on one tyre a year ago and instead of just replacing one, I replaced both rears.
- walbro uprated fuel pump.
- 2 x sets of cold grade spark plugs
- 3sgte rev3 brand new dizzy cap and ignition leads
- Standard parts that have been removed such as a water catch tray from the engine lid and intake pipes for the turbo.
- Full set of brand new EBC grooved discs and red stuff pads, bought as a just in case item, but not had the need to fit them yet.
- black rev3 bootlid, bought to replace the damaged one.
- full monsoon level 100% waterproof mr2 car cover

Here are a selection of pictures of her, some very recent, and some around a year old.

Oldest first.

Most recent ones

Right now I realise the times are bad at the moment economically, and I want all to know that I have looked at the current market, taken it into consideration, and I feel that if someone is out there looking for a car such as this, then the present climate is not a great factor in their decision. That being said I have priced it accordingly with other cars I feel mine is on par with.

Price is £4800

I am more than happy to answer any questions I may have missed, so please either contact me through this thread, or via pm. If you wish to speak to me over the phone, then please ask via pm and I will be more than happy to supply mobile, or home number, or even skype or msn if you wish to talk about it the car that way.

No time wasters and no tyre kickers please, genuine buyers only! I am also more than happy to take you out in the car if and when you come see it, but please understand, that unless you are fully insured on my car, I will not let you drive it at all.

Thank you for taking the time to read my ad.

all the best,

Dan
C/W 98 Spec UKDM DC2 #26
Check out my Flikr (motorsport and car photography)
Rev5GT

Re: [FINALIZED] 1994 Rev3 Caribbean blue T-bar Mr2 Turbo

Post by Rev5GT »

Just a quick note with regards to the history of the car.. This was indeed imported by Toyota for a customer who had it for about 4 or 5 years then i bought it and sold it to Fizz.

The car was completely standard and the first UK owner had it always serviced at Toyota.. He was a mature professional owner and treated the car with great respect.. It really was maintained to the highest of standards..

If i didnt have 5 myself i would have this snapped up as it was and is one of my all time favourite MR2's that i have sold..

A lovely example by all means.

Goodluck with the sale :thumleft:

Rash
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

Looks nice mate.
Good luck with the sale!
Mattc1981

Post by Mattc1981 »

would you be up for selling the wheels seperately?? :thumleft: :thumleft:
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

Rash thank you ever so much for the extra details! I really really appreciate you taking the time to do that! :thumleft:

thank you stevenb, I hope it will go to a good home.

Mattc1981 - no I am afraid not, the wheels will be staying on the car. Thank you for your interest in them though :thumleft:
C/W 98 Spec UKDM DC2 #26
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Nice car :thumleft:

Bought myself a '96 Caribbean Blue one a month ago in the UK
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

i think ive posted before on a different thread concerning this car... its nothing short of a stunner..
the white wheels on this car look fantastic and blue really is the best colour on a 2!.
some tasty mods aswell.
p.s.
Flamby it was me who waved at you the other day in reading.i was in my white rev 3 tubby.on the a4 i belive near the a329 turning?.

good luck with the sale.some one will be getting a cracking looking car. :thumleft:
fizz

Post by fizz »

Please dont tempt me Dan....

Its the only car i have ever wanted to buy back! ](*,)

Rash.. go and buy it man!

If i hadn't made an agreement with the other half to go sensible again with a family car within a years time i would have called you as soon as i saw this advert.

As it stands Im going to let the wifey have a 2 door sporty number while i go sensible with a family car and before anyone says it. She cant handle a tubby! :cry: Mores the pity!
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

mrmarc - Thank you very much for your kind feedback on my car :thumleft: ah yes I do remember seeing you wave at me in Reading! I do hope I waved back! I love white twos and I always like seeing yours around the Reading area :D
Thank you very much for your post though, and I do hope it goes to a good home :)

Fizz - haha mate I would love it to go back home to bradford, would be with the best owner I could pick for it then :)
I am sorry to hear about your decision to go sensible... hehe ;) Thanks for the comment mate, great to hear from you!

Thanks guys :)

Dan
C/W 98 Spec UKDM DC2 #26
shinny

Post by shinny »

Mattc1981 wrote:would you be up for selling the wheels seperately?? :thumleft: :thumleft:

Sorry, nor will I [-(

Well, at least no time soon!
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

Sold to Shinny, pending full payment :) :thumleft:

I will finalize this thread once she is gone :)

Thanks for the interest everyone, and I am glad she's found a good new home :D
C/W 98 Spec UKDM DC2 #26
fizz

Post by fizz »

Cant believe it Dan. Wifey told me to buy it and it's gone. Maybe it's a good thing as she Was willing to stick to a family car if I wanted this back that badly.

You better look after her shinny! :thumleft:
shinny

Post by shinny »

fizz wrote:Cant believe it Dan. Wifey told me to buy it and it's gone. Maybe it's a good thing as she Was willing to stick to a family car if I wanted this back that badly.

Eeeek! Glad I got in there quick then! :D

Sorry Fizz - this car ends an 8 month search for the right Caribbean Blue TBar Turbo... as you know, given we swapped PMs when you were looking for your new tubby.. She's mostly going to stay as she is... one or two tweaks to make her mine, but don't worry, she'll be well looked after \:D/
fizz

Post by fizz »

shinny wrote:
fizz wrote:Cant believe it Dan. Wifey told me to buy it and it's gone. Maybe it's a good thing as she Was willing to stick to a family car if I wanted this back that badly.

Eeeek! Glad I got in there quick then! :D

Sorry Fizz - this car ends an 8 month search for the right Caribbean Blue TBar Turbo... as you know, given we swapped PMs when you were looking for your new tubby.. She's mostly going to stay as she is... one or two tweaks to make her mine, but don't worry, she'll be well looked after \:D/

Ahh yes ofcourse i remember our PM's.. :)

Who would have thought you would have bought my old one ehh? :clap: :mrgreen:

The car is a credit to Dan and so im sure you will make sure she will want for nothing. :thumleft:
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

fizz - Your as kind as ever mate! Thank you very much buddy :D Shinny will definatly look after her, I could tell that from his inspection prior to purchase
:thumleft: its going to a good home :D
C/W 98 Spec UKDM DC2 #26
shinny

Post by shinny »

Man, this must be the most loved MR2 ever! Trust me, that love is gunna continue... starting with me showing it round 10 different European countries in August :mrgreen:

She's gunna be my baby... once the rev5 is sold I'll be on the look out for a 5-door mule so she won't have to be my daily driver :thumleft:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was shinny

Return to “MR2s for Sale”