Subaru Impreza WRX vs Volvo D5 vs Looooong Lorry vs oncoming car

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Martian_333

Subaru Impreza WRX vs Volvo D5 vs Looooong Lorry vs oncoming car

Post by Martian_333 »

Ok so I'm driving around enjoying the weather as you do and I'm on this single carriageway all alone for about 1second when up I come to a train of cars behind a huge lorry (as always) so I notice 3 cars up there's a Scooby stuck behind a brand new D5 Volvo who seems desperate to get past the lorry, anyways I make my way past the 3 cars and pull in behind the scooby.

After a long while of very slow driving it seems the Scooby driver has gotten bored with the Volvo making half a$$ attempts to overtake so he litterally waits for quite possibly the worst place and opens it up (subarus sound so nice when they boot it) gallops past the volvo and is about 1/4 way up the lorry when a car comes flying round the bend, so he screeches on the brakes nearly losing grip and almost rips off the front end of the Volvo pulling in, thinking he'd give up now he dont, as soon as the road straightens out he hits it again and seeing as its a long straight so do I so I'm tonking along and what does the diesel Volvo do? indicates and literally pulls right out infront of me - I have to slam the anchors on or I'm going through him and I tell you it was like waiting for a rowing boat to get past that lorry!!!

I know not the most interesting post but I thought it was funny to share just how crazy other drivers can be in equally (or more) powerful cars, of all the places to try to overtake the guy in the Subaru decides to do it on a blind bend!

Anybody else got any of other drivers driving like complete d***s?
matt_mr2t

Re: Subaru Impreza WRX vs Volvo D5 vs Looooong Lorry vs oncoming car

Post by matt_mr2t »

Too many people seem to assume that because they have their indicators on they can simply pull out. I get it all the time on dual carriage ways. I'm plodding along the outside lane at about 75 overtaking cars on the left lane when some one is half over the white lines before the first flash of the indicators.

There are many, many, truly dreadful drivers about these days who have absolutely no business being on the road. Ironically they usually drive too slow to ever get in any trouble so they have perfect licences. Are there camera's out there than can judge how xxxx a driver is and give THEM 3 points every time they get caught? It could solve a lot of problems.
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

matt_mr2t wrote:Too many people seem to assume that because they have their indicators on they can simply pull out. I get it all the time on dual carriage ways. I'm plodding along the outside lane at about 75 overtaking cars on the left lane when some one is half over the white lines before the first flash of the indicators.

There are many, many, truly dreadful drivers about these days who have absolutely no business being on the road. Ironically they usually drive too slow to ever get in any trouble so they have perfect licences. Are there camera's out there than can judge how xxxx a driver is and give THEM 3 points every time they get caught? It could solve a lot of problems.

Quite right about all the shocking drivers out there at the moment. I cringe every day at some of the antics I see on the roads. I like to get from A to B quickly, efficiently but safely too. There are some who are wreckless and others who are amazingly slow with poor judgement, awareness and oblivious to the world outside of their cars. Ignorance I call it.
I respect all drivers and other road users at all times but reading the above really goes to show the patience, impatience and poor judgement of drivers.

Lorries are a PITA at the best of times.....having to allow for 3 x the equivalent of cars to overtake.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

I agree that the standard of driving is truely shocking at time, now dont get me wrong I'm not saying that I am an exceptional driver either because I am not! but some of the things you see when out on the roads belies belief - with overtaking at suicidal points being a big one.

How some of these people get away with it I dont know, the worst I ever saw was a VW Passat who clearly had no respect for anyone but himself nor his own mortality rate when he decided to overtake 5 cars and a lorry on a blind bend, he waged his bet on someone slowing down to let him back in and sure enough a car comes round the corner towards him and he just aggressively swings in almost taking out the car alongside him! he got beeps, fingers and flashes from the car he pulled infront of and flashed by the car coming the other way lol

Needless to say when the car had passed off he went again, absolutely nuts.

Return to “Driving Experiences”