fight night round 4

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

fight night round 4

Post by H3RB »

been playing the demo the last few days and i think its great, graphics are even better then before. you can even see sweat dripping from your guy lol
the demo only has 2 fighters ricky hatton and mani pacqio or how ever u spell thier names and the game only lasts 3 rounds but its damn fun, a few of the controls have changed but they've also added some new moves.
when you get knocked down has changed also, now to get back to ur feet u have to stand your self up with the left stick and when ur straight press up on the right stick to stand up, alot harder then the old style if u ask me.
id say its much much better then ufc
matt_mr2t

Re: fight night round 4

Post by matt_mr2t »

Cool, looking forward to this.

Much prefer something like this to Street Fighter or the old school beat em up genres.

Apparently there are going to be a whole lot more fighters to chose from on this. FN3 was a bit limited in that respect.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

there are 48 fighters, u get to see them all on the demo
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

There was no Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield, Benn, Eubank, Calzaghe, Mayweather and many other legends on FN3.

The gameplay and graphics were superb but it was let down by the choices.

http://fightnight.easports.com/boxers.a ... ightround4

Got Tyson & Lewis on there so thats a start. Tyson looks a bit off though?
James

Post by James »

Im looking forward to this one too!

been loving the exibition fights on UFC! feels like your there with the tale of the tape and Bruce Buffer etc. Only prob for me is that the striking and moving are too slooooow. still a good crack when yer mates are over.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Played the demo for this finally at the weekend. It looks superb. The controls seem so accurate compared to 3, which I thought was good!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I was up till 12.30am playing this last night. Awsome game. It plays beautifully. The punches, haymakers aside, feel so responsive to the controls. You can actually throw a jab, hook, uppercut and know, 9 times out of ten, thats the punch that will be thrown.

It's quite a satisfying feeling rolling an opponents punch and countering with your own stunning them and hopefully then dropping them.

I havent done it yet, but you can upload a photo to the EA website and it uses it to create you on the game. I played a mate online last night and his looked strikingly like him. It's not a photo pasted onto a CGI boxer, it seems to create a 3D model of your face to blend it in with the body. Very clever and nice touch.

I played for a good 3 hours solid as Lennox Lewis in Legacy Mode (where you play as one boxer, can be an existing boxer or madeup) and start as an ametuer working your way up the ranks.

You have to train, spend time recovering, organise fights for certain dates etc. You can skip the training but your fighter gets better if you actually do them. As you go through you earn money, prizes, perks etc.

I can see there being a lot of life in this one.
lee.w

Post by lee.w »

certain online matches can be annoying thou , most of the time ppl will just mash the stick like mad and you have no choice but to mash back and it just ends up as a mashing contest because you cant always dodge/weave etc a million punches coming at you.and i know the game explains that you can but sometimes online it will not work as long as you get some moron constantly trying to mash you down. I've had a couple of good fights and some really annoying ones
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

lee.w wrote:certain online matches can be annoying thou , most of the time ppl will just mash the stick like mad and you have no choice but to mash back and it just ends up as a mashing contest because you cant always dodge/weave etc a million punches coming at you.and i know the game explains that you can but sometimes online it will not work as long as you get some moron constantly trying to mash you down. I've had a couple of good fights and some really annoying ones

Just stay away from them. Eventually their stamina will wear down and their punches will do very little. Then all you need to do is dodge the slow lame punches they through, hit them with a counter which will do more damage (as long as you dodged their punch) then a haymaker and nighty night.

I havent played online yet. I want to get as good as possible first.
Who knows, I might end up playing against Floyd Mayweather, happened recently to some 15 year old kid!
lee.w

Post by lee.w »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Just stay away from them. Eventually their stamina will wear down and their punches will do very little. Then all you need to do is dodge the slow lame punches they through, hit them with a counter which will do more damage (as long as you dodged their punch) then a haymaker and nighty night.

I havent played online yet. I want to get as good as possible first.
Who knows, I might end up playing against Floyd Mayweather, happened recently to some 15 year old kid!

I've done that m8 , tried to stay away doesn't always work,i had some guy who was constantly hugging me and doing shitty jabs ,i pushed him away bout three times but he still was doing shitty little jabs and constantly riding me i could not escape at all , also when i was trying to push that xxxx away he was jabbing me at the same time so it was a lose/lose situation by the time you do manage to get away your health is to low to come back, play online m8 and you will see how annooying it can get , it's not always bad but it does let it down a little
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

To be fair, I thought I was quite handy, my mate said he was xxxx. I played him twice and both times he knocked me clean out within 2 rounds.

Been playing legacy mostly and my boxer (Lennox Lewis) is not getting as good as the fighters I'm coming up against. There doesnt seem to be enough training sessions between fights to raise their ability. And I find the sessions a little tricky to pull off meaning I dont get the benefits of them when I do. If you auto train it only gives you 50% increases.

And for the life of me I cant keep my stamina up, what the hell, i'm cream crackered within 3 rounds. My last few fights have all gone the distance. One of them I won the first 5 rounds on all the cards, then lost the next 5. I only won because of knock downs early on.

Great fun, but it's hard to fight as technically as the game makers claim. Even against the CPU. I try to play the outside game, jab and move. But my fighter is just too slow and the jabs rarely penetrate their almost perfect guard.

I had to swallow my pride and turn the level down to ametuer for legacy mode. Yet in arcadey mode, if I put it on ametuer I can knock anyone out inside the first round????
lee.w

Post by lee.w »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Great fun, but it's hard to fight as technically as the game makers claim.

I had to swallow my pride and turn the level down to ametuer for legacy mode. Yet in arcadey mode, if I put it on ametuer I can knock anyone out inside the first round????

lol , it's alot harder to fight technical online , xxxx the outside, inside gag they recommend, it's all about how fast and accurate you can mash the stick, regardless of ducking and weaving

Return to “Games Consoles”