Options List

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crazylegs

Re: Options List

Post by crazylegs »

so all you people out there with these crap looking fog lights who want to get rid of them i`m your man.
mark binned his!!! #-o [-( :cry:
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

crazylegs wrote:so all you people out there with these crap looking fog lights who want to get rid of them i`m your man.
best place for um :shock:
superchargedsam

Post by superchargedsam »

i got a pair of these in a box that I bought but never fitted as I thought they were quite unique, also got the genuine roof rack and got a front nose bib (not going to call it a bra as thats just wierd!) !
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

superchargedsam wrote:i got a pair of these in a box that I bought but never fitted as I thought they were quite unique, also got the genuine roof rack and got a front nose bib (not going to call it a bra as thats just wierd!) !
you dont have a picture of the roof bars do you paticularly the rear one and its fitting position?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

crazylegs wrote:so all you people out there with these crap looking fog lights who want to get rid of them i`m your man.

GLOL!! he said he'll have another look, just in case. To be honest the best place for them is in the bin for a number of reasons:

A) you never ever need front fog lights
B) they look absolutely hideous and the stupid motorised mechanism just makes it worse.

I really think they are rare because they are utter crap..

Just my opinion you understand, but i really think they will ruin the look of your car, particularly so given its such a nice example. I think these fogs were JDM only so it would do you no favours originality wise.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

Chunky Monkey wrote:Karl, yeh that would be great, my address is thethinktank31[at]hotmail[dot]com

Cheers

Ro

Sent tonight, assuming the connection holds. :?

Karl
Red ones go faster......
Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

I wouldn't say no either, they're just so wonderfully 80's. And as for not needing front fog lights, Lauren, you should try living round here. It gets so thick you need a white stick some days. :D

Karl
Red ones go faster......
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Karl_T wrote:
I wouldn't say no either, they're just so wonderfully 80's. And as for not needing front fog lights, Lauren, you should try living round here. It gets so thick you need a white stick some days. :D

Karl

GLOL! I come from Kent. ;) Though i have to say that its still very rare when you actually need to use rear fog lights let alone front ones.. I just wish front fogs were illegal.

/not looking forward to a winter of FLTs.
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

Karl_T wrote:I could email you some scans of the various showroom catalogues avaialble at the time. The UK one didn't list a lot, but that Japanese one has all the toys.

I started looking when I managed to get hold of a roofrack for mine. A totoally silly bit of kit.

Karl

here here \:D/ it'd be great to have a copy of those, because I collect MR2 memorobilia, any chance you could point my direction?? davies [d ot] leigh(at)gmail{dot}com

Cheers Karl :)
D

Post by D »

hi
are there anybody who knows which one is kouki? I mean mk1b.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Well the top one is mk1a so the bottom one must be mk1b :-k

I didn't even know you could get mk1b sub's (I knew wiring was there etc)
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
BMR2L

Post by BMR2L »

waynestoyotamr2 wrote:Options in Japan included (from my Jap SC document)
<lots deleted>

Some of these have started to appreciate in value if recent Yahoo Japan auction prices are anything to go by. There's always a bun fight whenever the boot lining or floor mats come up and they end up going for silly money. Usually in pretty attrocious condition too. Hope you got yours for a decent price Wayne.

Talking of the roof bars I used to put all sorts of stuff up there including a set of ladders for a mate and the spare wheel when I moved house from Scotland to London so that I could get my suitcase in the front boot. Knowing now how the C pillar trims tend to crumble into dust I don't think I'd be nearly so brave...

-Alan
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

MR2 roof box sounds like fun anyone got a pic?

I also want some JDM fogs as much as i disagree with you Lauren Im not going to argue with you as the more people you convince to remove them the more likely i am to get a set :oldtongue:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Tiny wrote:MR2 roof box sounds like fun anyone got a pic?

I also want some JDM fogs as much as i disagree with you Lauren Im not going to argue with you as the more people you convince to remove them the more likely i am to get a set :oldtongue:

Well if you want your car to look crap go ahead. :+:

Besides, isn't it just utterly pointless as you'll never use them. I've had my last 3 cars with front fogs and never ever used them. Wish they'd ban them then we would have to put up with FLT's. :-:
D

Post by D »

please show me some picture about the foglights. thx Daniel

Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Lauren wrote:

Well if you want your car to look crap go ahead. :+:

Besides, isn't it just utterly pointless as you'll never use them. I've had my last 3 cars with front fogs and never ever used them. Wish they'd ban them then we would have to put up with FLT's. :-:

I think they dont suit the look of the car but they are just so cool with the motorised covers and the whole 80s needless technology side of things is brilliant. then their is the odd 5-6 occasions when i would need to use them (get lots of fog down Portsmouth way rolling up the downs it just doesn't dissipate.) But then i know the difference between using them properly and using them inapropriately a la FLT mode. :thumleft:
nedward

Post by nedward »

Well i think they look great :D

Even better when they are on, with just side lights! :oldtongue:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

nedward wrote:
Even better when they are on, with just side lights! :oldtongue:

People who run with sidelights on and foglights on when it's not foggy are utter inconsiderate tossers. :-:

Hence the term FLT. I hope you aren't one of them.

Sorry, but I can't agree they look anywhere near good. Mark had some of these on his old SC and quickly removed them. Think he gave them to somebody some years later.
nedward

Post by nedward »

I do agree, they take some getting used to. After having them on my car for over a year, i now find it looks stange with out them!? :roll:

As for driving with your fog lights on when it snot foggy( i dont ), apart from it marking you out as a bit of a boyracer, i have never been dazzalled or distracted by it.
What i do find much more irrtating is rear fog lights.
There is no need for them unless it is really!! foggy.
They are far more dazzalling and irritating.
Chunky Monkey

Post by Chunky Monkey »

nedward, do you have a pic of the original switch?

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”