I NEED HELP !!! QUICK :-(

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

shaunster

I NEED HELP !!! QUICK :-(

Post by shaunster »

Ive always had a little crack and chip type thing on the passanger rear pannel, just to the left of the arch. I have just givin the car a wash as used the pressure washer on it and it as take of a hugh slice of paint of the car, down to the primer. It as pretty much taken the who area off from where the rear pannel meets the passanger door to the fuel cap. I just can't beleive its come off so easy !! It blew it off like a peice of paper !!.

Im absolutly GUTTED !!! because i had saved my self a bitta money up for a few mods but looks like im gunna have to spend it all on getting this sorted now :-(

Ive got a few questions for u guy to try and make me sen feel a bit better.

1. Is it possible to just have that section of the damage masked a sprayed ?? IF so how much do you recon it would cost.

2. If option 1 is'nt possbile, what will they have to do and how much again ??

Many Thanks
::shaun::
stevel

Re: I NEED HELP !!! QUICK :-(

Post by stevel »

I believe that companies like chips away will come out & do isolated areas.
Check your yellow pages for local companies
shaunster

Post by shaunster »

It is'nt really a isolated area. Its basicly the whole area under the little rear passanger window. Its looks a right mess at the moment. :(
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

To be honest mate I'd get the whole panel done. It shouldn't cost as much as you think.

And yes, with pressure washers paint can come off very easily. That's why you should always be careful with them!
Raf

Post by Raf »

a decent sprayer can blow it in to the surrounding paint hence not spraying a large area but i dont think the cost difference will be much if you get the whole panel sprayed.

can you get a pic up?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”