[Mk2] [Turbo] apexi fc for rev3 advise please

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

danrev3turbo

[Mk2] [Turbo] apexi fc for rev3 advise please

Post by danrev3turbo »

looking at getting one, any1 know what these go for???
also any idea what a standard set up would cost???
got a de cat pipe, nur spec exhaust and a induction kit
would i gain from this alot??? (soon to get uprated intercooler)
thanks Dan
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] apexi fc for rev3 advise please

Post by Martin F »

probably see a better return from a chargecooler, you will need a boost controller too, they go for £300-£550 depending on age and weather you get the controller, another £250ish to map plus a tank of fuel,

could see around 320 ish bhp if your engine and turbo are in good nick, be pushing it a bit though :-k
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

marty1 wrote:probably see a better return from a chargecooler, you will need a boost controller too, they go for £300-£550 depending on age and weather you get the controller, another £250ish to map plus a tank of fuel,

could see around 320 ish bhp if your engine and turbo are in good nick, be pushing it a bit though :-k

What about with a 205cc, ct26 hybrid, walbro 255. If I added my pfc allong with an ebc do you think it would manage 300fwhp with a good map? Or would it be worth investing in an adjustable fpr also?
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Race Idiot wrote:
marty1 wrote:probably see a better return from a chargecooler, you will need a boost controller too, they go for £300-£550 depending on age and weather you get the controller, another £250ish to map plus a tank of fuel,

What about with a 205cc, ct26 hybrid, walbro 255. If I added my pfc allong with an ebc do you think it would manage 300fwhp with a good map? Or would it be worth investing in an adjustable fpr also?

your engine internals would be an issue but with the right fueling i'm sure you could get a fair bit more than 300 fwbhp with the addition of a power fc :-k

Return to “Modifications”