IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Post by toxo »

We didn't do organised stickers this year, it's every man for himself! Entrance tickets you will need to buy on the gate like I am, and I think Michael might still have some white car parking tickets available...
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

blue2 wrote:Get this for bad timing. The pipe from hell has cracked under my car, been to 2 garages and they cant fix it till late next week, no good for me. Had to bite the bullet and go to toyota today, going to be expensive but they reckon it will be ready for Tue, they have the part there tomorrow. Literally every time I have something planned something goes wrong. Not this time, if need be Ill be bumbling down to Lemans in my mums Yaris!!!

That sucks dude! Possibly the worst timing ever :)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

CA guide is finally out

Always worth a read, was especially helpful to me last year as a first timer.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Ebay still have plenty of stickers for sale. Holographics lay have but they sold out around this time last year.

As for my car short of holding the mechanics hostage I am determined to get my car down there this year.
markiii

Post by markiii »

god theres nothing like last minute arseache is there

new Airflow meter fitted - check
new coilpacks fitted - check
new rear tyres delivered and fitted (finally after Parcelforces kind tour of every depot in the south east) - check
bonnet refusing to open, now fixed I hope - check

co-operate you bloody vauxhall
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

lol, last minute arseache is what this trip is all about. I've split my front bumper (brand new on the car in February) and now my boot release has got intermittent!! It's a cable release so I'm not really sure what that means...

Also: http://www.weathercity.com/fr/le_mans/
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Its always going to rain, im coming much better prepared this year, big umbrella, big waterproof sheet to sit on and 2 cheapo £6 folding stools! As for my car, I went to see it at the garage and its a bit of a mess.

One of the "pipes from hell" is visibly leaking, the heater pipe above it is shot also. The pipe on the other side is corroded and so is the heater pipe above that one.

Toyota are advising I change them all while they have everything off. Think I'm going to have to bite the bullet as I just know if I don't one of them will go and it wont be feasible to spend this much a second time on a car that to be frank has been a money pit. I love mr2's but I have been really tempted to throw in the towel with this one.
On a lighter note its all going to be ready for Tue so its looking good for Lemans whoo hoo!! The weather does look a bit crap but I'm sure it will heat up for the Saturday. Last year was a scorcher, apart from the downpour towards the end.
heathstimpson

Post by heathstimpson »

toxo wrote:We didn't do organised stickers this year, it's every man for himself! Entrance tickets you will need to buy on the gate like I am, and I think Michael might still have some white car parking tickets available...
I do still require car parking. Can you help Michael :?:
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

heathstimpson wrote:Any stickers etc left to buy :?:

Well, I could help you out there as I've been a bit of a xxxx and over ordered by mistake - didn't realise the ones I chose from hollographics came as a pair, so I ordered 2 and have ended up with 4!! #-o
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

S'okay, I know someone else who did that with some of his stickers, eh Mr Jones? ;)

Good job we messed one up really, had to use the spare then! :lol:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

That's what I like about this trip, everyone's so keen to help each other out!!

Am off to Pacific Works in a minute to collect my freshly sandblasted, repaired and painted exhaust :thumleft: Bring the quiet!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Got my stickers yesterday. Just wanted to check regarding the application of them, they look like normal stickers ie you just peel them off the backing paper and stick em on, am i still supposed to spray water on the surface and then appy them. Have a feeling if i do this they may not stick?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Nah you just have to make sure the surface is free from dust and other crap before you stick them on!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

cool thanks, getting my car back tomorrow now from toyota so ill get sticking on Tue :D
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I F*CKING HATE PACKING FOR THIS TRIP :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wingers

Post by Wingers »

Hi guys,

I'm going as part of a big group but one has dropped out now so there's one ticket going spare if anyone still needs one?

Wingers
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Wow, what an eventful holiday...

I'm sure the other guys who went (with the exception of ekona) had a great time but my own forgetfullness and idiocy combined with the efficiency of the French police ruined my holiday :(

As always, nice to meet a few new faces and catch up with the familiar ones!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

toxo wrote:Wow, what an eventful holiday...

I'm sure the other guys who went (with the exception of ekona) had a great time but my own forgetfullness and idiocy combined with the efficiency of the French police ruined my holiday :(

How good did it feel to be able to drive again though when you got back in the UK? Just found out as well that the max we could've had for our little indiscretion was a 1500EU fine & ban & compulsory court appearance for anything 50km/h over the limit, so I think we actually got luckier than we thought matey! Still, I shan't be speeding in France anytime soon, especially as they've still got my licence! :lol:

Epic holiday that had as many downs as it did ups for me really, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Pics to come soon once I sort them all out.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Because of all the ups and downs of the holiday I was a bit distracted but I did take a few photos at the car show at the chateau on Friday night:

A few highlights:

Full album here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 2ca62b6b30
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

Hi guys

What did you guys do then (John & Dan)

I thought i was bad last year with a 90 euro fine when i was a little above the speed limt.

I take it you guys were worse than that

shane

Return to “Past Events”