[Mk2] [Turbo] gen3 3sgte boost cut / fuel cut

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Baktasht

[Mk2] [Turbo] gen3 3sgte boost cut / fuel cut

Post by Baktasht »

What do you gen3 3sgte guys do to overcome the stock fuel cut that happens around 18psi?
3sgte

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] gen3 3sgte boost cut / fuel cut

Post by 3sgte »

Paul Port used to make an fcd suitable for gen3

It worked differently to other fcd's as it didn't alter the signal below 18psi just clamped it at 18 psi .I think there is plenty of fuel available via the oem map to allow a few psi more of boost
gtech

Post by gtech »

The Paul Port FCD is the only FCD to work with the Rev 3+, all down to how the rev 3 works with the MAP sensor, the PPFCD allows you to increase fuel-cut whilst still retaining some margin of protection, rather than some of the crude methods of removing fuel cut altogether then running on a prayer and a wish.

Just happens to be I am sat with a spare brand new Paul Port FCD :-) as I have gone alternative route all together.

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
jim55

Post by jim55 »

how do you fit a fcd?my rev3 has the boost set at 16 but on occasion it has spiked past that and hit fuel cut . :?
gtech

Post by gtech »

jim55 wrote:how do you fit a fcd?my rev3 has the boost set at 16 but on occasion it has spiked past that and hit fuel cut . :?

There is about 4 wires to connect up, very simple job. Then there are two small knobs in the black box of the PPFCD that you use to set what you want your fuel cut to be set at, ie 19psi, 20psi, 21psi

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

jim55 wrote:how do you fit a fcd?my rev3 has the boost set at 16 but on occasion it has spiked past that and hit fuel cut . :?

I'd fix the MBC as it shouldn't spike like that, certainly my old one never did although I did have to alter it every winter / summer to stop it overboosting. Once set though it never spiked.

Return to “Modifications”