Smiling after a lunchtime blast

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

ashley

Smiling after a lunchtime blast

Post by ashley »

Went out for a quick blast in the tubby this lunchtime. I was stopped at a traffic light on a duel carriage way with a nice looking bike on the outside- we both went for it on the green light and pretty much stayed level until the national speed limit kicked in.

We spent the next couple of miles taking it in turns to overtake each other at full trot- his bike sounded amazing 8)

At the next roundabout we both stopped and had a chat, he was extremely impressed with the 2 and the sound (scream) she makes at full trot.

It was good fun, with a lot of respect for the perfomance of each other's motors without any dumbassed racing antics :thumleft: :thumleft:

I'm still beaming now!
matt_mr2t

Re: Smiling after a lunchtime blast

Post by matt_mr2t »

So not the usual donorcyclist who flies past at full throttle scaring the living xxxx out of you then wondering why you twitched and nearly took him out lol..

What bike did he have?
ashley

Post by ashley »

I'm afraid that's where I let the side down- I dont know squat about anything with two wheels, much to my shame :oops:

It looked like a racing bike, was small and loud!

Seemed like a very like minded performance enthusiast- I was impressed that he took the time to play, and then chat....like you say I was expecting him to be pee'd off at the jumpstart car having a go!
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

could maybe be something like a crb600 gsxr600 r6? i know you have a fair few mods so would give them a good go

im sure someone will come along with 0-60 0-100 figs and prove me wrong though :whistle:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Sorry buddy- I really have no idea, I'll ask my mate who was sat in the passenger seat if he recognised it...did make a lovely noise though!
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

im probably around the same power as you and a 07 gsxr600 wasnt pulling to much from me from 30 into 3 figs maybe a car lenght, he turned round at the roundabout and flashed me over and it was a friend of a friend seemed fairly impressed with the mr2's performance
ashley

Post by ashley »

Cool- tbh I don't know that this guy was seriously going for it, but we did stay pretty level till I backed off...

What sort of power are you running out of interest?
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

very good guestimate of 400bhp fly at 1.5 bar, i noticed your car when it was first for sale looked a nice one :thumleft:
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

this is the one im talking about

ashley

Post by ashley »

skipp123 wrote:very good guestimate of 400bhp fly at 1.5 bar

Yeh- sounds like a similar figure to me- it's a load of fun ain't it?! :twisted:

Could well have been a bike like that- certainly that style of ride anyway :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

always enjoy wee blasts with bikes, especially in nice weather 8)
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

caught a guy out on hes triumph the other day, i was in my fiat brava 5 door 1.4 but with a 2.0 20v transplant from the coupe n/a both gunned it till around 90mph he pulled a little but backed off and gave thumb up lol.... i love that little car upsets alot of thinks :clown: expecily saxos ](*,) :twisted:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

I went out on a little drive around today on the country roads, saw 2 R33 skylines and a new Skyline. On the way back I was about to overtake this car after just exiting a roundabout but I was waiting till I got around this little bend first (I knew their was no cars but couldnt be sure if there was any bikes so didnt want to risk it), got around and I was about to go for it but noticed I was already being overtaken by someone in an old civic with big exhaust, was funny as fook His Civic was screaming its nuts off and the exhaust was rasping away like mad and he must have only been doing about 30mph (sounded like it was doing 100 LOL) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:. The ammount of time it took for him to get past me and the other car was amazing, it seemed to take forever :D. I wonder if people like that think their cars are realy faster than the ones they have overtook? He didnt seem to care about other road users as he overtook another 2 cars on a slight bend, not something you want to do especially when lots of bikes are out :shock:

Also had some little boy (only looked about 12) on a little 125 or somethign with Learner plates overtake me in town (30 zone). He must have thought he was faster than me LOL. I couldnt wait till we got to the NAtional speed limit zone but he turned off before I could have some fun lol
Mr2_NA

Post by Mr2_NA »

skipp123 wrote:caught a guy out on hes triumph the other day, i was in my fiat brava 5 door 1.4 but with a 2.0 20v transplant from the coupe n/a both gunned it till around 90mph he pulled a little but backed off and gave thumb up lol.... i love that little car upsets alot of thinks :clown: expecily saxos ](*,) :twisted:

+1 :thumleft: HaHa

Return to “Driving Experiences”