New MR2 install

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chalkiepete

New MR2 install

Post by chalkiepete »

Sorry pics not uploading properly. will post laterImage
Last edited by chalkiepete on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael

Re: New MR2 install

Post by michael »

I'm guessing you didn't need a jack to get the car up in the first photo? Just a few toots of the horns should lift the back up :)

Photos were fine for me BTW
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

im one of the "why would you want to do that" folk
michael

Post by michael »

Dale_V wrote:im one of the "why would you want to do that" folk

That was my first thought but the poster seems to be really happy with what he's done and it's pretty unique - all positives in my view.

Some people like dump valves and noisy exhausts, some like to scare the bejezus out of people with horns :)
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

michael wrote:

That was my first thought but the poster seems to be really happy with what he's done and it's pretty unique - all positives in my view.

Some people like dump valves and noisy exhausts, some like to scare the bejezus out of people with horns :)

you are right mr c :eye:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

No pics? #-o :cry:
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
fearless

Post by fearless »

i want to see :( :( :(
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Turbo97

Post by Turbo97 »

also not working for me #-o
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Sorry...........Have finally sorted pics........Most people go for speed, some people go for ICE, but I been there done that!! This is my latest creation........ 152dB Train horns fitted in the boot of my MR2 G limited..... They cost more than the cars worth, but hey ho!!!! they make me smile.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fReMYGtiev0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUwsYR7ofK4

The Fly by!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHyuWd3ZPA8
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Dale_V wrote:
michael wrote:

:eye:

I thank you!!! lol...... One of the first in the UK to have these.......I dont have trouble with people pulling out in front of me!!!! :D :D :shock: :shock:
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Recently in Wales on the Topgear roads in the black mountains....

At Japfest 2009......... bit of a photoshoot!!

chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

And now to bore you totally.... some pics at nite......

Yawn yawn yawn.......... lol
fearless

Post by fearless »

omg complete madness :shock: you will give old people a heart atack xxxx pulling out in front of you at a junction. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

nofearmadbiker wrote:omg complete madness :shock: you will give old people a heart atack xxxx pulling out in front of you at a junction. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Hahahahaha Potentially yes!!! But I dont Honk at oldies, women with pushcahairs or dog's!!! The rest of ya....watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Harry

Post by Harry »

Last edited by Harry on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Harry wrote:It might help some drivers, pedestrian jay walkers, cyclists, wild-life, and other hazards on the road - wake up.
Looks quality. Are they big bucks? Looks it - sounds remarkable. DB level louder than Chris' new side exit pipe/8"? :mrgreen:

Yeah these were quite expensive, importing them is the killer. Cost me over 500quid. But i still want more...... I need a bigger tank and a digital pressure gauge. Also on my wish list is a set of K3's which are half as loud again.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Last edited by Harry on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Ive heard these in action and they are sh!t loud haha. How heavy are they though?
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

blue2 wrote:Ive heard these in action and they are sh!t loud haha. How heavy are they though?

Heavy??? They is light as a feather...... they are cast out of High impact ABS, the tank is not heavy & the compressor is light as well.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Thats suprising, they look quite heavy, had a look at them on the website. All in all how much did this install cost with delivery and everything? I saw a video of a pick up parked next to a cruise ship and both horns were equally loud :twisted:

Return to “Modifications”