Copper Rev5 Turbo ar WRC Sales Bradford, anyone seen it in person/can check it?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rsevo6

Copper Rev5 Turbo ar WRC Sales Bradford, anyone seen it in person/can check it?

Post by rsevo6 »

After a very disappointing experience with a Scottish member here that turned out to be unreliable, pulling out of a made deal on his car, I am looking for a special Turbo again.

Am seriously considering the copper/orange coloured Rev5 Turbo offered on Pistonheads by WRC Sales Bradford.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/955284.htm

Has anyone here seen this car, can give an opinion on it?
Anyone with MR2 (Turbo) knowledge in the area that would be willing to check out the car asap and let me know if it is really a (near) mint car without issues?

Any opinions by people having actually seen/checked out the car would be much appreciated.

Also, anyone that has dealt with this company and would share his experiences?
GHOST

Re: Copper Rev5 Turbo ar WRC Sales Bradford, anyone seen it in person/can check it?

Post by GHOST »

Looks nice, interesting colour. Couple of things about resprays though, as I'm pretty sure this wasn't a factory colour.

1. Make sure it comes with a paint code for the new paint, otherwise when you come to touch it up you could find yourself never finding the correct colour - and every car at some point will need touched up, even for the odd stone chip.

2. Theres nothing worse than a half assed spray job where under the bonnet its the original colour - just looks cheap and messy and will really devalue the car when you come to sell it in my opinion.

Apart from that, good luck mate, hope you find a good one :thumleft:
Bender Unit

Re: Copper Rev5 Turbo ar WRC Sales Bradford, anyone seen it in person/can check it?

Post by Bender Unit »

General rule of thumb - avoid any second hand car dealerships in Bradford. 99% of the time it will be a complete sh1tter.

WRC sales have a poor rep like pretty much every other Bradford based second hand car dealer!
Nick86

Post by Nick86 »

Bender Unit wrote:
WRC sales have a poor rep like pretty much every other Bradford based second hand car dealer!

who told you that? WRC sales are one of the only good dealers in Bradford..
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

Actually, I've had 2 bad experiences with second hand dealers in Bradford. One was a GT4 which needed a new 'wheel bearing' which turned out to be a gearbox, and the other was a REV1 turbo which had a flat tyre and was wearing a standard alloy and three Kosei's. Agreed the deal, handed over the money, and he kindly brought out the 4th Kosei and put it in the passenger seat.

When I went to see if I could get the tyre repaired the next week the mechanic said its not the tyre, and pointed out a wafer thin crack through two of the spokes on the wheel. Then to make matters worse they were either rare or disscontinued and I couldn't get a replacement. Ended up having to buy a full new set of different ones.

So yeah, keeps your wits about you, and steer clear of Bradford. I learnt my lesson the hard way. ](*,)
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

i think rash,who is a well respected member on here,as well as being an affiliate trades out of that area,i have only heard excellent comments,about him :thumleft: .paul.
cosmos

Burnt Orange MR2

Post by cosmos »

99% sure this burnt orange colour was a limited special edition model. I remember the colour from a car at the MR2 rally at Bruntingthorpe Airfield Leicestershire a few years ago. Check with a Toyota dealer for confirmation.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Mica Orange is a rev5 colour so I doubt it's been resprayed.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Bender Unit wrote:General rule of thumb - avoid any second hand car dealerships in Bradford. 99% of the time it will be a complete sh1tter.

I was thinking the same thing, just didnt want to write it though lol :lol:

I've been to LOADS of jap car garages in bradford and the surrounding areas, and they were all shifty and sly! One wouldnt let me test drive the Skyline until I bought it :? yeah im up for playing that game #-o

The only good guy/dealer in Bradford is Rash, top genuine bloke :thumleft:
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

i2ssor wrote:Mica Orange is a rev5 colour so I doubt it's been resprayed.

Thats me educated then! :whistle:
David21

Post by David21 »

I went to WRC Sales to look at another white Rev 4 that they had for sale there.

It was really over priced and was quite tatty imo.

This Mica Orange Rev 5 was there at the time also, i remember it being a very nice example. However considering they have had that particular one for a good 3/4 months now i do wonder why it hasn't sold if it really is THAT good. :-k
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

In all fairness WRC do have decent cars - its just as they had a branch in Keighley people assumed they were something to do with KTC which they are not...

Saw this car about 4 months ago at a local mechanics I use and it was having some work done to the gearbox... At the time i had a quick glance at it and the side skirts were cracked / badly fitted but rest of the car looked ok.. Again this was only a quick glance and i didnt really go over it in details.. However if you want me to i dont mind with another member as they may feel i'm being nosey being in the trade an all.. :)

Rash.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

This copper rev5 is i think actually sporting a quite rare EUROU front bumper, see this link:

http://mr-2.com/english/f_frame.htm

first time i've seen this kit 8)

and here's some more "burnt orange" mr2's:

Harry

Post by Harry »

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109532 We have had many positive dealings with Rash; plus R.A. Motors over the years now. Got to know them quite well. If one can be chilled knowing one is in good hands whilst sourcing and making a large - plus emotional decision. It goes a long way. Quite like the tone. Reminds myself of Andy f's.
Harry

Andy f

Post by Harry »

BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Bender Unit wrote:General rule of thumb - avoid any second hand car dealerships in Bradford. 99% of the time it will be a complete sh1tter.

Just because keighley trade centre are nearby doesnt make every other performance dealer rubbish around here. WRC are decent chaps.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Also, keighley trade centre gets its bad name for all the junk outside. GO INSIDE! Last time I went there was a noble m12, ferrari 360, old school porsche 911 turbo (bad boys 2 one :wink: ) a new Nissan GTR and a row of immaculate R34 GTRs amongst loads of other nice Evos.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

+1000000 points for having an Airwalker rear bumper!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Harry

Post by Harry »

+ 1 :+:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”