Error adding insurance company in my garage

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Marf

Error adding insurance company in my garage

Post by Marf »

I tried to add my insurer to my garage as it wasnt listed but I get the following error message when I hit submit

Could Not Insert PM Sent Text

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '. php . '?mode=garage_pending">Here To View Pending Items' )' at line 4

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs_text (privmsgs_text_id, privmsgs_text) VALUES (1059725, '****This message is automatically generated by the site.****

The Garage Has A New Pending Item
Click Here To View Pending Items' )

Line : 165
File : /home/imoc/public_html/forums/includes/class_garage_guestbook.php
BenF
Premium Member

Re: Error adding insurance company in my garage

Post by BenF »

Marf,

Cheers for reporting the error. Unfortunately the garage isn't being actively developed any longer, and bugs aren't being fixed. What's worse, is that there isn't a version available for phpbb3 currently.

Its causing us a quandary as although it had a lot of really good features, we're aware that there are a number of bugs that people have reported that we can't get fixed in it.

As a result, we're considering having to close the Garage to new vehicles and 'freezing' the existing content there - or even potentially removing it completely - which is something we're not keen to do as many members have put a lot of good content there.

Ben
Marf

Post by Marf »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

It would definitely be a shame to close the garage completely, as you say there is alot of material there and its always handy to nip into someones garage to take a look at their spec for ideas or inspiration.

Cheers

Sam
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Don't even think about about getting rid of the garage feature. It's a key requirement of a car lovers website for the members to be able to keep images and details of their cars to be seen by others.
I hope others will be along to say the same but in the meanwhile let me say it again.... Don't even think about getting rid of the garage feature.

R.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Rob, cheers - at the moment we're keeping it warts and all.

We will have to migrate soon to phpbb3 and it looks like the version for phpbb3 has been frozen at the moment in a near-complete beta for the last 5 months - it would be quite a risk to run it on a site as busy as IMOC.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”