[Mk2] [Turbo] Hankook RS2 Tyres fitted

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Extubby

[Mk2] [Turbo] Hankook RS2 Tyres fitted

Post by Extubby »

I have at last got my refurbished wheels and RS2 tyres fitted.
205/45/16 Fronts
245/45/16 Rears

Have only done just over 200 miles so not gone through enough heat cycles to give them abuse yet. Initial thoughts seem as though they will have huge amounts of grip. Looking forward to trying them. Am off to the Ring in the morning so will have to try them out on a twisty section of road in Germany.
Road noise is also very good, better than I thought it would be.

They do look damn sexy too!

Will update once I have tried them out a bit more.
Apexi Induction, Gutted Cat, Departure Exhaust, Magnecor Leads, St205 cc, Blitz ebc.
Carbotech pads.
Race Idiot

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Hankook RS2 Tyres fitted

Post by Race Idiot »

What offset wheels are you running and are you using coilovers, did you manage to fit that 245 rear without rolling the arch?

Also would be interested how these tyres perform, heard they were more of a trackday tyre than a street tyre though.
Extubby

Post by Extubby »

I am on TRD spring and trurts, no coilovers.
8" front and 9" wheels. Not sure on offsets, they sit flush both front and back with the arches.
Haha, the arches are not rolled and there is little room for movement! Good job it's quite firm.

Bret, you can see it next time you are at Lukes and you have decided to sell me your RM01A, hint hint.
Apexi Induction, Gutted Cat, Departure Exhaust, Magnecor Leads, St205 cc, Blitz ebc.
Carbotech pads.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Thats good to know, i'm looking to run some simmilar size tyres on the rear but some people seem to say it rubs and others say it doesnt.

Also I think i've gotten used to the RMA01 as its fantastic fun making people jump when it pops and bangs! :lol:

I'll swap ye for a KO Racing R1 though! :mrgreen:
MrLuke

Post by MrLuke »

Ive put some 225s on the back of mine and they grip like poo to a blanket, really good tyre :thumleft:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

mm I might be going RS2's when the goodyears give up. That'll be in another 1k miles then :(
Rahzel

Post by Rahzel »

Extubby wrote:I am on TRD spring and trurts, no coilovers.
8" front and 9" wheels. Not sure on offsets, they sit flush both front and back with the arches.
Haha, the arches are not rolled and there is little room for movement! Good job it's quite firm.

Bret, you can see it next time you are at Lukes and you have decided to sell me your RM01A, hint hint.

Hi mate, is there any specific reason you went for a 205 on the front and not the 215?

I'm looking to go 215 on a 7j front and 245 on a 8.5j rear. Could you possibly get some pictures up pls?

Cheers
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

Rahzel wrote:
Extubby wrote:I am on TRD spring and trurts, no coilovers.

Hi mate, is there any specific reason you went for a 205 on the front and not the 215?

I'm looking to go 215 on a 7j front and 245 on a 8.5j rear. Could you possibly get some pictures up pls?

Cheers

Rahzel - your quotes sizes fit those rims fine, everyone has their own choice of tyre widths / profiles and brands :)
Extubby

Post by Extubby »

Now that I have done a few thousands miles in them I can say that they really really are a good tyre.

Comfort remains high, seems to give a nice ride. Tyre noise is very good, better than the Yokos, toyo's that I have previously had. Stability at any speed is spot on. Even fast lane changes on the Autobahn going very quick it felt good.

Grip........ AMAZING, come up to a corner fast and turn in and it goes, power through the corner and it grips. Try again but faster and it grips. Very capable.

I went for the sizes I did as for me I feel this gives the best balance. For me if I had 215 at the front it would provide too much grip and back the rear twitchy. It's just right on those sizes for on the road. Will have to get it on track and see.

Would buy these again without thinking.
Carbotech pads.
Turbo97

Post by Turbo97 »

yup had my RS2's a wee whiley now and certainly no complaints from me!!!

Seriously seriously grippy tyre!! in the really wet, not so much, but i dont think any tyre would cope when i came on boost through standing water.....was saying hello to oncoming traffic after that :clap:

But yeh, even in damp conditions the tyres are good...but certainly n dry, they are bloody amazing!

Return to “Modifications”