2 head units?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

derryt

2 head units?

Post by derryt »

hi peeps,

at the mo i have a sony mex-1hd with 2000 songs on it, so you can see why i dont want to take it out of my car, BUT..I also want a flip out screen/dvd player as well.

Is it possible to have 2 single din units wired up?or does that just not work?my mate said something about splitting the iso or something, would that work or is he telling porkies?
brummypetepie

Re: 2 head units?

Post by brummypetepie »

derryt wrote:hi peeps,

at the mo i have a sony mex-1hd with 2000 songs on it, so you can see why i dont want to take it out of my car, BUT..I also want a flip out screen/dvd player as well.

Is it possible to have 2 single din units wired up?or does that just not work?my mate said something about splitting the iso or something, would that work or is he telling porkies?

Hi mate

Yep, it is possible and as long as you do it properly, it looks the dogs!

If its a Sony, you might want to get one of these so you can run the audio from the second unit into the original HU and wont need to change the way the audio is currently setup.

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/product_info. ... cts_id=530

If you need any more info, feel free to ask...

Pete
derryt

Post by derryt »

hi mate, cheer s for that, only problem is i dont think the mex has a cd changer control(probably coz sony didnt think you'd need it!) is that a problem?

sorry for the dumb q's but i know less than nothing about car audio!!!
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

No probs, if it hasnt got a changer input you might be stuck as there may not be a route into the head unit for any other audio source, which might be a problem.

Another way you could go is to get a piece of kit which will turn the audio from the DVD player into a radio signal which you tune in on one of the presets on the radio, so when you want to watch a DVD, you turn the screen on, hit the preset button on the radio and off you go....

Pete
derryt

Post by derryt »

thats an idea, i think the only inputs it has are one usb port, and it might have a separate AV connecter in the back :?

cheers for the help tho, like you say, it will look the t*ts if i can do it

Return to “ICE and Security”