Not sure what to do with my MR2 rev3

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

timmy2take

Not sure what to do with my MR2 rev3

Post by timmy2take »

Bought a 95 Rev 3 turbo in Black the other day, the lad said the cambelt had gone on it, but it turns out I think he was running too much boost and theres no compression.

What would it be worth to someone? Has 11months MOT and 3 months Tax, 70k-ish km/miles displayed. HKS boost controller, Green cotton air filter, HKS Dumpvalve, Greddy Boost Gauge, Half Leather, Roof Scoop.

The tyres are quite good condition, but one of the rims could do with a refurb. Underneath the car, one of the sills is bent a bit, from the back wheel and the sill it looks as though its been over a kerb.

Its either that, or someone with a good Rev 3 turbo engine, and possibly a turbo needed. I've been told GTS CHRIS is the man to get hold of, I've left a message on his phone so just waiting for a reply. Anyone recommend anywhere else for an engine?
nikaiyo

Re: Not sure what to do with my MR2 rev3

Post by nikaiyo »

Might be worth giving James at 3S a callm he often has engines for sale :thumleft:
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

timmy2take wrote:Bought a 95 Rev 3 turbo in Black the other day, the lad said the cambelt had gone on it, but it turns out I think he was running too much boost and theres no compression.

What would it be worth to someone? Has 11months MOT and 3 months Tax, 70k-ish km/miles displayed. HKS boost controller, Green cotton air filter, HKS Dumpvalve, Greddy Boost Gauge, Half Leather, Roof Scoop.

The tyres are quite good condition, but one of the rims could do with a refurb. Underneath the car, one of the sills is bent a bit, from the back wheel and the sill it looks as though its been over a kerb.

Its either that, or someone with a good Rev 3 turbo engine, and possibly a turbo needed. I've been told GTS CHRIS is the man to get hold of, I've left a message on his phone so just waiting for a reply. Anyone recommend anywhere else for an engine?

you have pm :)
royashmr2

Post by royashmr2 »

Timmy!

I've got a lot of the parts you need to build a forged engine down at Hiroshima power.
Speak to alex about cost?
10.1 @137.36
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

This would be a very cheap and easy fix:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=114857

Patrick

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”