TTE the equivalent of TRD?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

TTE the equivalent of TRD?

Post by HighwayStar »

Keep seeing TTE springs and twin exit exhaust systems and think I saw the same in the mk3 brochure I saw when buying Miches from MR T. Are they the equivalent of TRD and sanctioned by Toyota somehow? Also anybody have either the exhaust or springs and care to comment about the differences from stock? Cheers.

R.
monkeyra
Premium Member

Re: TTE the equivalent of TRD?

Post by monkeyra »

They are indeed. Toyota Team Europe. Official partner for Europe or something like that.
I used to have one of their superchargers fro my old IS200. Had Toyota part numbers etc etc
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

AFAIK there are 3 Toyota 'tuning' divisions. TRD / Technocraft is the Japanese one, TTE is the European one and there's a TRD USA as well.

TTE isn't actually called TTE anymore, it's now TMG. They're responsible for most of the Toyota motorsport stuff we hear about over here (e.g. the old Celica WRC entries / development, the Toyota F1 team, etc)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I had the TTE exhaust and springs on my old mk3 before I turbocharged it, and I was very pleased with them. Spring rates were harder without being jarring, and the exhaust sounded fruity without being chavvy. You may find both parts harder to get these days, but I'd go for an H&S exhaust and the Tein springs over the TTE stuff anyway knowing what I know now.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Thanks for the replies guys. How were the springs compared to the teins? This is (perhaps) for Miches car so it has to be comfort first. Can they still be had from Mr T (here or US maybe.. Dallas?). Secondhand ever?
Ex likewise.

R
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Springs pop up for sale every now and then over on ROC, but tbh there's no point when the Teins are available. They're almost identical in feel, drop and price, and are available new off the shelf for about £130. As far as comfort goes, you'll have no issues with them on the standard shocks as all they do is give more control and less roll when cornering, there's no jumping over bumps or anything. Have a read of the EVO website, they ran a long termer Mk3 for a while both with and without the TTE bits, will give you a good idea what to expect.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”