[Mk2] [NA] Will this exhaust fit my 2?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

KrisMoyse

[Mk2] [NA] Will this exhaust fit my 2?

Post by KrisMoyse »

I've got a Rev1 N/A MR2.

Flexi pipe needs replacing really and really want to fit a full system to my 2 (hate just buying the backbox, feels so chavish lol) and wanted to know if this'll fit my 2 as comes with the flexi pipe?

http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_a. ... =333000218
fearless

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Will this exhaust fit my 2?

Post by fearless »

sorry double post im too tired :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Last edited by fearless on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
fearless

Post by fearless »

its a cat back system you wont get a flexipipe with it you just get this :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

is this the bit you was hoping to get get with it matey.

this would be what you would need to buy to be honest to have a good full system :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-MR2-SW20-N ... 240%3A1318
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
KrisMoyse

Post by KrisMoyse »

That's it matey cheers!

So would need to get the manifold and downpipe (in the link above), then decat and back box and we're sorted yes?

And also I know mods on an N/A don't show much progress power-wise but upon fitting this full system, will there be any noticable differences?

Throttle response?
Power?
Acceleration?
Noise? (think this one's obvious lol)

Reason I'm asking is because if there's no REAL difference power-wise then I might as well save my £'s and just go. for the back box

Right now my 2's exhaust is completely standard with a baffle (not cat) and std backbox.
jimross19

manifold

Post by jimross19 »

hi there i would be careful buying that manifold off ebay some of them say there for the 3sge but are for the 3sfe and will require modding to fit. of you want a manifold you know will fit id go for the jap speed manifold from jap spec performance fitted one to mine with a blue flame exhaust and i can definatly feel the gain a top end of the rev range brilliant mod for the na.
fearless

Post by fearless »

i have the back box and decat i noticed the difference with just them added, a nice roar from exhaust and better throttle response and power in 3rd gear was quite noticable, mind you i have an apexi filter aswell but a very worth while mod, manifold has only got to increase bhp if you ask me matey and a nice shiney bit to add aswell. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
KrisMoyse

Post by KrisMoyse »

nofearmadbiker wrote:i have the back box and decat i noticed the difference with just them added, a nice roar from exhaust and better throttle response and power in 3rd gear was quite noticable, mind you i have an apexi filter aswell but a very worth while mod, manifold has only got to increase bhp if you ask me matey and a nice shiney bit to add aswell. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

That's the annoying thing, because I have a Rev 1 I can't fit a decat without cutting the exhaust pipe, hence why I though I may as well go for a straight through system. Will cost a bit but hey, gonna have the car for another year and a half at least so wanna have some fun with it.

So far I've got down these prices:

4-2 Manifold & Downpipe (eBay) for £169 delivered
Blueflame & Decat (Jap-Spec) for £290 delivered
+ a Fitting kit (Jap-Spec) for £20

All in before fitting labour: £510
leeandjude

Post by leeandjude »

I put an Apexi backbox and de-cat on mine alothough i did have to do a bit of pipe bending and making part of the exhaust myself. car does feel better at top end and sound nice, not loud and chavvy but raspy at high revs.

best thing is it only cost me £15 for a bit of Bosal exhaust pipe :thumleft:
mk2too

Post by mk2too »

i have a 4-1 manifold and downpipe + the blueflame decat and rear box and its made a bit of a difference, nothing amazing but its a little more responsive once the TViS kicks in and it sounds quite nice aswell.

The manifold doesn't make it any louder really either which is a plus point(was for me) BUT, the lambda sensor will need extending on some of them, mine was a perfect fit everywhere, onto the head, downpipe to cat and the flexi is all really good quality, but the sensor needs extending quite a bit as its right up the top on these.

Just my 2pence worths!
mk2too

Post by mk2too »

is that a turbo exhaust on yours then lee? any videos/ noise clips?

Return to “Modifications”