[Mk2] [Turbo] Ebay exhaust

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLZ-8027

[Mk2] [Turbo] Ebay exhaust

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Has anyone fitted one of these? looks like the Japspeed type ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0398159251
Steve-O 2007

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Ebay exhaust

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

The Weld on the centre pipe looks the same as mine (different to the Japspeed version) if it is the same as mine than the fit is great :D

This is the one I have -

http://www.jperformance.co.uk/toyota-mr ... p-243.html
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

It looks good and is cheap at that price delivered

How do the end hangers fit though? they are different to the standard fittings?
Is it loud or drony?
sorry for the questions
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Its very loud. My Mum was walking the dog about a football pitch and a half away WITH headphones in and she could hear me comming down the road and turning around in the drive :shock: :shock:

But when inside the car with windows up it doesnt realy sound that loud, I love it :D

Oh you can set car alarms off as well :)

It just uses the stock mounts I think, My car came with a Blueflame on so Im guessing that was using the stock mounts
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Cheers mate id better sell mine and click buy it now :thumleft:
Baker

Post by Baker »

More pi$$ed off neighbours on the list :wink:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

heres mine fitted -

Are you De catted as well or do you still have the cat??
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

I was about to ask for a fitted picture as well :thumleft:
Car is decatted yes ,
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

i think they sound really nice, i have the japspeed one that i will be selling next week, £150 and its yours :wink:
lee.w

Post by lee.w »

marty1 wrote:i think they sound really nice, i have the japspeed one that i will be selling next week, £150 and its yours :wink:

having my japspeed on next week , do they sound nice and also do they fit ok :|
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

lee.w wrote:
marty1 wrote:i think they sound really nice, i have the japspeed one that i will be selling next week, £150 and its yours :wink:

having my japspeed on next week , do they sound nice and also do they fit ok :|

mine fitted fine mate, i am going to miss it :cry:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

heres mine -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyQa9P4C ... annel_page

Sounds much better in real life :)
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Well its finally arrived ,due to parcelforce messing around NOT the seller
it came with a fitting kit as well so thats a bonus ,all welds look good and its shiny=P~

time to get dirty i think?

BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

That looks nice bud,i have virtually the same one ( XS Power) and it looks the dogs....

Defo the best looking style of exhausts
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Nice, Has the same style welds as mine (Different to the others eg JapSpeed) :) Im guessing you will be fitting it this weekend?

Oh and you can realy hear the turbo spool through the exhaust as well (I couldnt on my Blueflame) Eg when your in an enclosed area like a bridge / garage give it some light taps on the accelerator and you can hear a whistling / spooling sound from the exhaust :)

Maybe this is normal on turbo cars I dont know :P

But you have to admit, for £200 they are amazing value for money!! You can buy three of them for the price of one NurSpec nearly!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:Nice, Has the same style welds as mine (Different to the others eg JapSpeed) :) Im guessing you will be fitting it this weekend?

Oh and you can realy hear the turbo spool through the exhaust as well (I couldnt on my Blueflame) Eg when your in an enclosed area like a bridge / garage give it some light taps on the accelerator and you can hear a whistling / spooling sound from the exhaust :)

Maybe this is normal on turbo cars I dont know :P

But you have to admit, for £200 they are amazing value for money!! You can buy three of them for the price of one NurSpec nearly!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Its on \:D/ pig of a job due to me altering all the fixings for the other exhaust ,and i need to do something with the rear hangers because its catching on the tow hooks (or ill just cut them off :whistle: )
it sits a lot lower than the old one ,so id better be careful
its not on the floor yet or been started up ,because im changing the drop links at the same time

Is a bit too clean as well :whistle:

Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Nice :D

My Tow hooks were already cut off.

Are you going to remove your rear grill to show it off more? :)

Also did the mounts line up ok? Mine did but some others who got the Japspeed version seemed to get problems.

Oh and what diameter are your exits? for some reason they look bigger than mine (unless its because its all shiney and clean inside :) ).
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:Nice :D

My Tow hooks were already cut off.

Are you going to remove your rear grill to show it off more? :)

Also did the mounts line up ok? Mine did but some others who got the Japspeed version seemed to get problems.

Oh and what diameter are your exits? for some reason they look bigger than mine (unless its because its all shiney and clean inside :) ).

I think its the center bracket thats pulling the exhaust down ,and twisting the tips up so ill have a look at that first because its not fitted right anyway,then off they come if it doesnt help

Not decided on the grill yet i quite like it meshed ,but well see :-k

The mounts lined up ok ,but i had to have everything loosely fitted first,if i bolted one section up the other wouldn't fit.
The center bracket wasnt fitted with the last exhaust ,so i had to refit that ,and its not on right (couldn't get at it ) ,and the hole in the bracket was oblong ,and the peg on the exhaust is round ,so that was a pig to get in
plenty of grease round the hole though and it slipped in
(ive heard that before)

Also i had a downpipe support bracket fitted before ,and that isn't fitted now ,reason being the top bolt on the downpipe just wont go in due to the acute angle (Old top bolt in the picture) I had to put a short thinner bolt in ,thats the downpipe design fault though ,not the exhaust

Ill measure the ends today ,Ive also noticed one seems to have been bashed about and its not round anymore, any ideas?
Packaging was virtually non existent ,
Parcelforce have had it since bank holiday Friday ,and tried to deliver it three times (they say) so its been round the houses ,the tracking details show it going all over the place

The seller posted it next day ,so i guess one journey and it might have survived who knows ?

Anyway ill have another play today, If anyone is reading this and can get me a picture of the center bracket ,showing which way round it fits ,it is offset , And the rear hangers again to show the offset ,it would be a great help

Return to “Modifications”