Calling Munnsy...

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Extubby

Calling Munnsy...

Post by Extubby »

Hey Dave

How's the TD06 install going? Any pics for us all or an update? I saw it up at Lukes the other week, looking good. Will be really interested to see what it's like once complete and mapped.
Apexi Induction, Gutted Cat, Departure Exhaust, Magnecor Leads, St205 cc, Blitz ebc.
Carbotech pads.
munnsy123

Re: Calling Munnsy...

Post by munnsy123 »

all you see is the fat turbo and a bright blue external wastegate looks very nice but we did have to tow all the way home as it kep on hunting but when its mapped she will be a beast :thumleft:
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

Lol had to laugh at the thread name :lol:
Cars back, in my new garage \:D/
Car had to be towed back as i didnt want to run the risk of the car running lean on the way home,

As for piccys i will get some this weekend, but the install is very neat and almost stock looking.
The only thing that gives it away is the huge external wastegate, it all lines up really really well with the 205cc.
Ryan is down on the 6th i think to get it running then will be mapped a week later \:D/

Im sure i will need nappies though afte its all mapped etc :lol:

Starting to get a little impatient now its so close though :thumleft:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Would like to know also, got to see your car a few times up at Lukes. Setup looked p cool and simmilar to how i'd like my car setup.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

You can drive a td06 on a stock ecu and injectors just dont go giving it the beans everywhere!!! :lol: and you will be fine.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

i am on the lookout for a new turbo, was going for a gt3071r with a t3 footprint but would be interested in how tdo6 would compare, how laggy is it and what kind of power is it good for,

cheers lads :thumleft:
Extubby

Post by Extubby »

Not very laggy really. The boys over the pond are running 400 + bhp.
They are old school but do work well.
Apexi Induction, Gutted Cat, Departure Exhaust, Magnecor Leads, St205 cc, Blitz ebc.
Carbotech pads.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

ive heard nothing but great things about this unit hence why i went for it over the other popular turbos.
As mentioned they have been around a while but certainly have repeated time and time again to produce very good results.
Ive not experienced the turbo yet but have been told its a little more laggy than the stock ct20 and tends to come in at around 3800rpm, so you have plenty of rpms to play with.
Nath at century said your hit with a huge punch of torque from the turbo and again is known to produce strong torque figures to i believe.
Only really teling you what i have been told, im sure someone with real experience will fill you in and correct me :lol: :lol:

dave :thumleft:
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

Well its mapped, so so hot today too, so huge thanks to ryan.
Went for a really safe map at the minute until he can do his wonders on the rollers soon
Td06 is amazing and extremely loud :evil: , pulls really really hard and well worth the stress.

The td06 is no where near as laggy as i thought and comes in alot sooner, ryan thinks due to the st205 c/c cooler etc.

Overall, approx 330 at the minute, but with a little tinkering who knows what she will produce on the rollers, although to be honest this is quick enough :mrgreen:

Cheers ryan

dave
Extubby

Post by Extubby »

Superb Dave, glad it was worth all the stress for you. Safe on standard internals if mapped ok is 350 is it not?
It bet it does feel nice and fast though.

How does it compare to the ct20?
Carbotech pads.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Hi mate, i take it you have got the screamer pipe to atmosphere??

Mine is re-routed back into the downpipe for track days, but i would not mind having both so i can change depending what i am doing :lol: Its only 6 bolts and the downpipe is off so its not a big job to change between!

Is it really really loud??
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Hi mate, i take it you have got the screamer pipe to atmosphere??

Mine is re-routed back into the downpipe for track days, but i would not mind having both so i can change depending what i am doing :lol: Its only 6 bolts and the downpipe is off so its not a big job to change between!

Is it really really loud?? What boost you running mate?? Sorry double post ](*,)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”