M402FNW

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

M402FNW

Post by Martin F »

After 3 red Mr2 turbos i not just fancied a colour change but was looking for a car with a lot of my desired mods already done, i just couldn't comprehend the huge money loss of getting my current car up to my desired spec :cry:

so here's my new baby, needs a clean :oldtongue:

more pics here>>>

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 08de49b77b

plan on getting the cylinder head redone and possibly a good chargecooler and then a remap, should be good for over 500 bhp, the colour is definately growing on me =P~
Last edited by Martin F on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr Two

Re: M402FNW

Post by Mr Two »

Verrrrrrrry nice :mrgreen: :thumleft:

Loving the looks of this car :wink: :thumleft:

What wheels and size are they?They do look good i must say :thumleft:
chr15_84t3

Post by chr15_84t3 »

oooooooh its purdy =P~
sutton

Post by sutton »

Very nice mate, wish i had the funds when i saw it for sale. Any chance you could get some better pics of the glovebox for me please? im looking into making one of these holders myself :pray: . Wht charge cooler are you gonna go for?

Chris
Yellow Rev 3 Turbo
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Mr Two wrote:Verrrrrrrry nice :mrgreen: :thumleft:

rota torque 17x8 front and 17x9 rear, i think :-k
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sutton wrote:Very nice mate, wish i had the funds when i saw it for sale. Any chance you could get some better pics of the glovebox for me please? im looking into making one of these holders myself :pray: . Wht charge cooler are you gonna go for?

Chris

cheers, slight change of plans so i will be putting the chargecooler on hold, i was sold the car under false pretences about its power and the turbo it was running,

it has a t28 footprint which makes it a very unsuitable turbo for my requirements and i am now needing to spend 2k on the right turbo, bit peed off :twisted:

i will get pics for you tomorrow and send you a pm :thumleft:
sutton

Post by sutton »

Ahh how annyoing mate, i thought it was running a gt30. Cheers pal appreciate it :thumleft:
Yellow Rev 3 Turbo
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sutton wrote:Ahh how annyoing mate, i thought it was running a gt30. Cheers pal appreciate it :thumleft:

it is but it is the -wg version which has a t28 footprint (whatever that means) , is only good for 350-370 bhp (max) and i am needing a turbo that is capable of at least 450 bhp...

the pic you are requiring is just a bit of board cut to fit and clothed, very simple but will get you a close up pic anyway :wink:
sutton

Post by sutton »

Ohh lol i dont really know what that means either, gutting none the less. cheers pal :thumleft:
Yellow Rev 3 Turbo
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Looks very nice matey, sorry to hear about the dishonest sale though... [-(

I'm sure you can find a good turbo deal in for sale, and sell yours of course...
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Leon. wrote:Looks very nice matey, sorry to hear about the dishonest sale though... [-(

I'm sure you can find a good turbo deal in for sale, and sell yours of course...

i think it was more of a mistake than dishonesty , buying a new turbo kit now, 2000 of the queens best but i have learnt my lesson with used turbos... :-k

should get around 1k for my current turbo kit as the turbo has only covered 3000km, so not a total loss, then another £300 for mapping down the drain though, its never ending #-o

cheers for the comment mate :thumleft:
Last edited by Martin F on Sun May 17, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Well it's the nature of modding cars hey :eye:
mini1380cc

Post by mini1380cc »

marty1 wrote:
Mr Two wrote:Verrrrrrrry nice :mrgreen: :thumleft:

rota torque 17x8 front and 17x9 rear, i think :-k

They are the same alloys as mine. Beware the centre caps come off really easy. Lost one already :(
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

marty1 wrote:
sutton wrote:Ahh how annyoing mate, i thought it was running a gt30. Cheers pal appreciate it :thumleft:

it is but it is the -wg version which has a t28 footprint (whatever that means) , is only good for 350-370 bhp (max) and i am needing a turbo that is capable of at least 450 bhp...

the pic you are requiring is just a bit of board cut to fit and clothed, very simple but will get you a close up pic anyway :wink:

Thats weird, the 200sx boys have T28 footprint, and they run 350bhp on GT28RSs with internal wastegates, even more with GT30.

Is it causing boost creep with the internal WG then? What about getting it ported?

Let me know if you sell the T28 manifold etc, as I fancy a GT28RS.
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

Hey that looks great! I was always a white car hater but the more and more I see them these days the nicer I think they are 8)

I'll keep an eye out for you :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

RobCrezz wrote:
marty1 wrote:

Thats weird, the 200sx boys have T28 footprint, and they run 350bhp on GT28RSs with internal wastegates, even more with GT30.

Is it causing boost creep with the internal WG then? What about getting it ported?

it was mapped on 97 ron, my info about 370 ish bhp was from the supplier of the turbo kit, could be different, i don't know....

i will be selling the kit in a few weeks but i think i am going to sell it with the turbo rather than seperately,

sorry dude

it has an external wastegate and screamer, not internal :wink:
Last edited by Martin F on Tue May 26, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Rhiannan wrote:Hey that looks great! I was always a white car hater but the more and more I see them these days the nicer I think they are 8)

I'll keep an eye out for you :thumleft:

hey rhi, the doggy looks well cool, need to have a check to see if you have updated your doggy thread with new pics, cheers for the comment :wink:

white is growing on me too :? , lol
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

marty1 wrote:
RobCrezz wrote:
marty1 wrote:

it was mapped on 97 ron, my info about 370 ish bhp was from the supplier of the turbo kit, could be different, i don't know....

i will be selling the kit in a few weeks but i think i am going to sell it with the turbo rather than seperately,

sorry dude

Ok cool. so whats stopping it being ok for 400bhp then? a Gt30 should do that fine.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

RobCrezz wrote:
marty1 wrote:
RobCrezz wrote:

sorry dude

it has something to do with the turbos footprint, i have tried to find out exactly why and was told i needed a t3 footprint,

i listened to the advice i was given and paid the pricely sum of £2000 last week for a turbo that will be suitable for between 450 bhp and 520 bhp depending on which A/R i fit...

it is still a nice turbo i have but the A/R makes for a turbo that is more suited to high revs i.e. 4500 revs plus

i have gone for a gt3076 .63 so should have higher boost at lower revs but still get around my desired 450ish bhp

Ok cool. so whats stopping it being ok for 400bhp then? a Gt30 should do that fine.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

RobCrezz wrote:
marty1 wrote:
RobCrezz wrote:

sorry dude

it has something to do with the turbos footprint, i have tried to find out exactly why and was told i needed a t3 footprint,

i listened to the advice i was given and paid the pricely sum of £2000 last week for a turbo that will be suitable for between 450 bhp and 520 bhp depending on which A/R i fit...

it is still a nice turbo i have but the A/R makes for a turbo that is more suited to high revs i.e. 4500 revs plus

i have gone for a gt3076 .63 so should have higher boost at lower revs but still get around my desired 450ish bhp

Return to “Member Profiles”