red faction demo out.....

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hicks

red faction demo out.....

Post by hicks »

just been playing this. very impressed, graphics are good and you can destroy everything.

for example. find you getting hammered by a big gun turret, pull out your sledge hammer and smash a hole in a wall.

you can also drive everything so the second time i did it i jumped in a 4x4 type thing and drove straight through everything and through garage doors straight through garage doors where the walker is you have to steal.

once youve got the walker on the back of the lorry you have to use a gun turret on the back while you get away. much fun watching the car flip in the air straight over your head.

cool game....
H3RB

Re: red faction demo out.....

Post by H3RB »

i remember playing red faction one on the ps2 it was awsome with the geo modding! getting in mining machines and driving through walls was great, gonna try this demo later i think
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

H3RB wrote:i remember playing red faction one on the ps2 it was awsome with the geo modding! getting in mining machines and driving through walls was great, gonna try this demo later i think

i loved the level with 2 giant fortresses at either end of the level and nothing in between.

was awesome for deathmatches....
Rev 3 GTS
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

have you watched the videos on Xbox Live?

The Devs had to turn into Architects and design all the buildings virtually like real buildings :shock: If a support wasnt properly put in a wall or a building wasnt lined up properly it would collapse as soon as the level loaded up :shock:

You can plant mines on a bridge, wait for the enemy to get on it and blow the bridge making it all collapse!!! :mrgreen:

Also They said to get into a building you can either fight through the front door guarded by the enemy or grab a vehical and just jump into the side of the building taking the wall out and collapsing bits of the building onto the enemy :mrgreen:

Sounds like one hell of a game with loads of work going into it!!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

my mate didnt seem to like it but ill download it in the morning.

im keen to try out the giant hammer. :thumleft:
Rev 3 GTS
Azz

Post by Azz »

are we saying a lot of things are destructible or are we saying EVERYTHING is destructible i.e. I could level the level so to speak?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Given that they said that everything was destroyable in Red Faction 1 and it wasn't, and that everything was destroyable in Red Faction 2 and it wasn't, I'm going to stick my neck out and guess that the same will apply here. It'll be nothing more than a fun little blast that you play through once before realising that just because you can destroy a load of stuff, you still need a decent game under there somewhere.

I dunno, maybe it will be better, but having played the last two games I seriously doubt it.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

ekona wrote:Given that they said that everything was destroyable in Red Faction 1 and it wasn't, and that everything was destroyable in Red Faction 2 and it wasn't, I'm going to stick my neck out and guess that the same will apply here. It'll be nothing more than a fun little blast that you play through once before realising that just because you can destroy a load of stuff, you still need a decent game under there somewhere.

I dunno, maybe it will be better, but having played the last two games I seriously doubt it.

they have probs done the same as battle field bad company
they made it 80% destroyable so that the level could never be entirely leveled
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

DL it now. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Azz

Post by Azz »

Same here, we shall see?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Like it! Good graphics and the destruction is cool! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Azz

Post by Azz »

Its crap lol ](*,)
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

I'll have to try the demo again sometime when i can be bothered as i haven't deleted it yet but i wasn't that impressed from my 1st go (finished the previous 2 games) Perhaps too many games of this genre flooding the shelves at the mo and the fact i'm just waiting for Ghostbusters and Uncharted 2.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

Azz wrote:are we saying a lot of things are destructible or are we saying EVERYTHING is destructible i.e. I could level the level so to speak?

I read an interview with the developer and they said they didn't pursue making the terrain deformable as it was a lot of work for little gain in terms of added game experience. instead they focused on making the building deformation as realistic and funs as possible.

The demo is good fun. I like the fast paced nature of the action. As soon as your presence is revealed hordes of security forces keep arriving at the scene in armoured cars. Means that you can't just dig in, shoot the baddies in a section, move on, dig in, shoot the baddies in section 2 etc etc... You have to keep movign toward the goal otherwise you get overwhelmed. Looking forward to the full release.

Return to “Games Consoles”