[Mk2] [Generic] bodykit so far....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

redmr89

[Mk2] [Generic] bodykit so far....

Post by redmr89 »

started as a standard rev 1 , i then cut vents out of rear intakes , added spoiler, relocated number plate to inside front bumper and added clear indicators.

then came the rev 3 lip. an easy mod just bolted straight on.

then the kei office skirts.

next is to sort out the rear which is now looking too high.

and this is the plan ( obviously i do intend painting them as this is my mock up before i got my skirts on )

altho i would like to do something diffrent with the bomex bumper extentions. im just not sure what.

does anyone have pics of modded bomex rears or any photoshop ideas to chuck at me. im quite willing to hack my extentions up and fibre gass where needs be. but im not to keen on blending them into the rear bumper tho. so rule that out.

your thoughts and ideas much appreciated.
fearless

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] bodykit so far....

Post by fearless »

i think its looking good as it is matey must agree i dont like the spoiler though looks out of place with the other bits, if you had a veilside kit yes but with what you have its a no from me :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

it;s lookin high at the back cos your OEM spats are black, if you painted em red (or sourced some red ones) it'd prob look a bit lower.

nice work so far though 8)
redmr89

Post by redmr89 »

the spoiler is a bit marmite. i like it tho. think id prefer the bomex drift wing, but never found one cheap.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

What's with relocating the front number plate?
Doesn't that inhibit air from passing through the radiator properly?

:?
redmr89

Post by redmr89 »

i dont like the look of the number plate stuck where it normally is. so after trying a few diff places i liked the look of it there,

as far as cooling goes, im no expert but there does seem to be ample space around it for the air to get around. its been there for years and ive had no overheating problems.
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Same here with the number plate, moved mine about 6-7 yearsa ago and never had any heating/cooling probs either.

Marc
Everyone looks at me when I drive down the road now....... wish I could read minds.

Return to “Modifications”