[Mk2] [Turbo] What anti roll bar drop links should I get?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sanchi

[Mk2] [Turbo] What anti roll bar drop links should I get?

Post by sanchi »

As there are a variety out there can anyone recommend which ones to get and where from? I need all 4 and I have coilovers so I need shorter front links.

I have been told to stay oem and just put the rears all around, I just wanted to also know how the adjustable links are and if there are any good ones around?

Thanks
Sanchi
TheRoadWarrior

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] What anti roll bar drop links should I get?

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Camskill sell the whiteline adjustable ones, not sure how good they are but i'm in the same boat- need shorter front links for my coilovers...
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

TheRoadWarrior wrote:Camskill sell the whiteline adjustable ones, not sure how good they are but i'm in the same boat- need shorter front links for my coilovers...

I was looking at those Im not sure if I should get them or not!?! I might risk it and give it a shot hmmmmm.... :-k I was thinkin of buying the rear oems and putting them on the front hmmm.... :-k

What to do hmmmm....:-k

:lol:
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

By the way for anyone reading this I have ordered the whiteline droplinks from camskill and should receive them on tues/wed. So ill report back and let you know how they are for anyone interested. Thought Id go for the gamble and try them out only ordered the front at the moment if they are ok ill order the rears soon.
TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Sanchi, yes would be interested to hear how you get on. :thumleft: Think i'm going to have to get the same ones- there dont seem to be many adjustable ones out there to choose from.
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

I've also just ordered a set of rear whiteline droplinks (To fit the front coilovers). Not sure i like the look of them that much, but we'll see what they're like when they turn up.
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

Im still waiting for mine to arrive I ordered the front ones for mine so should have them by wednesday. The thing is I cant see to get the tracking number to work on the city link website... hmmm..
TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Yeah mine havent arrived either, didnt get a tracking number on the conf. email. Think i'll chase them up tomoro.

You got the fronts? Did you not want a shorter link?
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

Got mine today and fitted them. Seem to be quite good. The thing is they dont come with bolts so you have to by some they only come with washers. I bought mine from screw fix I got M8x50 bolts and M8 nuts. If I had the choice to buy them again I would have got M10x40 bolts and M10 nuts.

The knocking noise has gone lets just see how long they last. They seem to have a rubber boot to protect it from the dirt etc not bad so far.

I went with the front as I measured them up and they seemed to be ok. I was just told it was the rear mr2 droplinks from toyota that you want to put in the front as they are shorter because the front mr2 droplinks from toyota are too long. But these front whiteline droplinks seem to be just the right size.
TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

No bolts?? They're shown in the picture on the camskill website.. thats a bit s**t!

You say you'd rather have M10 bolts; surely if you've fitted M8s they must be rattling around in the holes like mad? :-k
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

Yeah I know tell me about it, but I read in the contents of the package bolts and nuts not included.

The M8's arent that small in there its ok to use them theres no rattles, when I change my arbs front and rear ill change the bolts and nuts as well. but M8 or M10's are fine.
TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Well mine turned up, as you say no bolts.. fair enough on whiteline's part as they are selling these as generic rose jointed links judging by the package it came in but camskill are selling them as specific mr2 parts and even show a picture with bolts!

They also sent 4 right hand bolts, rather than 2 right hand and 2 left hand so i cant assemble them... the packet has clearly been opened and resealed so they were probably returned, sealed up and sent back out without even checking.. grrrrrr..... ](*,) #-o :evil:
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

Mine was the same open and stapled back together! Im changing my bolts to M10s on Friday as I heard a bit of knocking today :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was going to give the whiteline arbs a try from there too...hmmmm....
TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Spoke to camskill today; they usually supply M10 bolts+nuts+washers but because mine (and i guess yours) came straight from whiteline they forgot to send them separatly. They've sent me out a set of bolts today, and whiteline are sending me some left hand thread nuts. Give them a call, they'll probably do the same for you if you explain whats happened.

Might get these fitted one day...

Return to “Modifications”