Side Body Mouldings

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SteveM

Side Body Mouldings

Post by SteveM »

The side body mouldings (the ones with the pinstripes in) on my White MK1b seem to have gone Yellow/Cream with age has anyone else had this happen and is there anything I can do to revive them? I don't know if it's the clear plastic covering on the top that's discoloured or the White painted bit underneath. I've tried polishing them but it didn't really help and as they're not available from Toyota anymore I'd appreciate any advice which might save me having to replace or even paint them. Cheers :)
mister2mk1

Re: Side Body Mouldings

Post by mister2mk1 »

They are still available via toyota - I have priced silver ones for my 2 in the last three months. Albeit abit expensive (Rear Qtr panel moulding approx £50 per side and Door moulding approx £75 per side) they are still available - you will need your paint code from your chassis plate.

HTH
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

mister2mk1 wrote:They are still available via toyota - I have priced silver ones for my 2 in the last three months. Albeit abit expensive (Rear Qtr panel moulding approx £50 per side and Door moulding approx £75 per side) they are still available - you will need your paint code from your chassis plate.

HTH

I've already checked with Toyota for White ones and some of them are available but not all of them! I think the availability very much depends on the colour of your car with the most common colours being low or out of stock :(
Andy_J

Post by Andy_J »

Steve

There are a couple of guys breaking white cars on E-bay, one of them may have a set in decent nick that are not discouloured

Andy
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Andy_J wrote:Steve

There are a couple of guys breaking white cars on E-bay, one of them may have a set in decent nick that are not discouloured

Andy

Thanks for that Andy but I've already tried them :)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”